Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: adding songs to library

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

discboyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hey guys what is the proper method for adding songs into version 2.0. Ive set the root folder and then hit add to search db but no songs show up in my search bar once i enter a song.

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 9:09 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I don't really understand your question.

First do a (non-extended) scan of you Hard Drive(s) if you changed something after your last scan.
If you want to have subfolders listed then display it by developping the root and then do a right-click and choose "add to favorites".

Sorry if I'm wrong I don't understand english correctly.

Clax

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 10:39 pm
There is another way to (hopefully) add the songs to your database.
Locate the file "mp3database.txt" located in the directory where you installed VDJ.
Delete the content of the file, not the file itself. Restart VDJ and do a new scan of your harddrives. It should locate all your songs once again, and hopefully your "new" songs aswell.
I don't think there is a way of adding songs to your database in the way you describe. Like, adding songs ina directory to your database...
However, when you choose a scan of your songs the new songs should be added, but my suggestion is a way of be more sure of the files being actually added to your database. Hope it works!

Posted Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 9:37 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
mp3database.txt can be deleted without any problem (NOT THE .xml FILE).
This way when you launch VDJ you do a scan and all your tracks in the selected HD are displayed in your database, even the non-analyzed files.

Posted Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 4:55 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
simply right click on database, and chose scan hard drive.
that's how tracks get added to the database.

Posted Wed 02 Mar 05 @ 6:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)