Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark total control and the Kaoss Pad

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

AsmakhPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi,
i recently ordered a Kaoss Pad KP3 and would like to set it up to work with my Numark total control (and my Numark NS7 when it arrives!), how would i go about doing that? I already have a number Dj IO which has helped with alot my issues, but will i need any extra eq to set up my KP3?

Thanks

Posted Sun 15 Feb 09 @ 3:52 am
Just put the KP3 in direct mode, and then from there you just plug whatever you want into line-in and line-out, yeah you get it.

Nothing extra needed.

Edit: Alternatively obviously, you could also use the KP3 as just a sampler.

Posted Sun 15 Feb 09 @ 6:55 am
Hi, the easiest way to do it is to simply plug the main output from the djIO to the input of the kaoss pad, then take the output from the kaoss pad into your sound system. But this setup will obviously only let you alter the total output.

If you want to be able to put the effects on one deck or the other, you'll need to buy a standard DJ mixer which has an effects loop. I can explain more about that if you're not up to speed on DJ mixers.

Posted Sun 15 Feb 09 @ 6:56 am
Asmakh wrote :
Hi,
i recently ordered a Kaoss Pad KP3 and would like to set it up to work with my Numark total control (and my Numark NS7 when it arrives!), how would i go about doing that? I already have a number Dj IO which has helped with alot my issues, but will i need any extra eq to set up my KP3?

Thanks

you know that is an interesting question. would it be able to work with the ns7 and vdj on a per channel basis

Posted Sun 15 Feb 09 @ 9:20 am
andytaylor125 wrote :
Hi, the easiest way to do it is to simply plug the main output from the djIO to the input of the kaoss pad, then take the output from the kaoss pad into your sound system. But this setup will obviously only let you alter the total output.

If you want to be able to put the effects on one deck or the other, you'll need to buy a standard DJ mixer which has an effects loop. I can explain more about that if you're not up to speed on DJ mixers.

Please do, also will i need another external sound card for that since the IO has only 2 outputs?

Posted Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 2:09 am
Nope, you don't need another sound card, because the djIO has two outputs (one for the left deck and one for the right deck). If you're going to connect the djIO to a standard mixer, just ignore the headphone socket on the djIO and use the other sockets instead (rca sockets I think they're called).

So you buy yourself a DJ mixer (there's hundreds to choose from and can cost from $100 to $1000 check out these companies: citronic, numark, vestax, denon, pioneer, allen & heath) but get one with an "effects loop".

With an effects loop, you connect the "FX out" socket on the mixer to the input of the kaoss pad and the output of the kaoss pad to the "FX in" socket on the mixer (that's why it's called a loop; because the sound goes out of the mixer, and then back in again).

Then, to use the effects loop, there will be a dial on the mixer that lets you select which deck you want to put the effects onto. You select the one you want, then there will be some kind of voume controls and/or a swtich to turn it on and off. You turn some of the knobs and press some of the buttons (each mixer will be different) and then you'll be able to alter the sound from the deck using the kaoss pad.

The clever bit is that you can just turn that effects dial on the mixer and then a second later you can apply the effects to the other deck without having to un-plug any cables or anything.

Easy as that!

The hard part is choosing the mixer. It depending on how much you have to spend, how many channels you want the mixer to have, extra features you might want, etc.

Posted Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 5:39 am
andytaylor125 wrote :

With an effects loop, you connect the "FX out" socket on the mixer to the input of the kaoss pad and the output of the kaoss pad to the "FX in" socket on the mixer (that's why it's called a loop; because the sound goes out of the mixer, and then back in again).

Then, to use the effects loop, there will be a dial on the mixer that lets you select which deck you want to put the effects onto. You select the one you want, then there will be some kind of voume controls and/or a swtich to turn it on and off. You turn some of the knobs and press some of the buttons (each mixer will be different) and then you'll be able to alter the sound from the deck using the kaoss pad.

The clever bit is that you can just turn that effects dial on the mixer and then a second later you can apply the effects to the other deck without having to un-plug any cables or anything.

Easy as that!

The hard part is choosing the mixer. It depending on how much you have to spend, how many channels you want the mixer to have, extra features you might want, etc.

Nice but thats if i have external decks. im trying to rout all this through my total control or my NS7 (which should be arriving soon and i dont know if it has an effects looper)

Posted Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 10:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)