Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Database Import

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey Guys,

I tried to install Virtual DJ 3.4.1 on a Windows Vista Notebook. After having some trouble with the CD, I got it. Then I wanted to import my database from another PC (XP). I copied "Virtual DJ Database.xml" from the directory "Program Files/Virtual DJ" on the XP PC into the equal directory on the Vista Notebook. After starting the Virtual DJ Home Edition 2006, I looked for my saved settings from the database, which can't be found. Virtual DJ just doesn't import the database. I did same proceeding with the Skins etc., this works properly. What's the reason?

Greetings,
Gabriel

Posted Fri 13 Feb 09 @ 6:38 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
why don't you register your copy of vdj, and get an up to date version, the trial version doesn't last this long.

Posted Fri 13 Feb 09 @ 6:48 pm
I don't use a trial version. I had installed Virtual DJ 5 earlier, I just do not cope with it..

Posted Fri 13 Feb 09 @ 6:57 pm
ok, just means you miss out on goodies until you do, was my only reason for mentioning it, as your showing you are only a nlu, strange...

Posted Fri 13 Feb 09 @ 7:10 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
TakeItMakeIt wrote :
I don't use a trial version. I had installed Virtual DJ 5 earlier, I just do not cope with it..

Then pls register ur pro version and upgrade to the recent V5.2.1, and as tayla pointed u did miss out the goodies so to take up the advantages given to u;)

Posted Fri 13 Feb 09 @ 7:51 pm
tayla, why so friendly ;)?
Does anyone have another idea? Normally importing a database has to work with every version!? Otherwise I gonna try updating.

Posted Sat 14 Feb 09 @ 5:14 am
As I wanted to paste my license code for updating, I got the message "Serial already registered". After some time of speculating, I remembered that I have already registered in the forum some time ago. Tayla, now you can see, I am no nlu ;) I am using "Virtual DJ Home Edition (2006)", in the info dialogue it says "3.4.1". I can update to "Virtual DJ Home Ediiton 4 (2006)". I am going to try this.

Another clue: When clicking on "virtualdj.exe" it says "Installation Error". I always have to use "virtualdj_he.exe" (the shortcut on the desktop refers to that file too).

Greetings,
Gabriel

Posted Sat 14 Feb 09 @ 6:02 am
glad to see you got it sorted gabriel, and actually i was been friendly. if you go to the top of the page you will have access to files in the download section unfortunately not as many as the pro users.

if you update to new version i'm sure you will have to re scan all of your files.

Posted Sat 14 Feb 09 @ 6:23 am
Solved: VirtualDJ saves the database in "C:/Users/USER/Local/VirtualStore/VirtualDJ Database.xml" on Vista.

Posted Sun 15 Feb 09 @ 12:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)