Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Slight Problem with audio on Virtual DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i recently got a new compaq laptop with vista home premium and everything is running fine, however when I am listening to the music usually every minute or so I hear a slight "glitchy-like" pause in the track. I disabled pretty much all of the anti-virus applications and it still does it. The laptop came with norton security but I feel like its something else. HELP! lol

Posted Thu 12 Feb 09 @ 8:13 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Go into Device manager and disable any Wifi/bluetooth devices

Posted Thu 12 Feb 09 @ 8:24 pm
I disconnected the Wifi adapter (which disconnected my internet) but the songs still glitch from time to time, any other things i can do?

Posted Thu 12 Feb 09 @ 8:39 pm
Music randomly "hesitates" (is the best word for it) for a second then resumes until the next hesitation about 15-20 seconds later.

this pretty much sums it up i thought it would be a better description i seen it in another forum

Posted Thu 12 Feb 09 @ 9:04 pm
capricepusha wrote :
Music randomly "hesitates" (is the best word for it) for a second then resumes until the next hesitation about 15-20 seconds later.

this pretty much sums it up i thought it would be a better description i seen it in another forum

The thing is with your version (the one that came with the RMX) you can't mess around with the sound performance setting's like you can with the Pro version, also I believe your version runs the RMX in Asio mode, where as the Pro version you have WDM mode as well, to play around with.

Posted Thu 12 Feb 09 @ 10:06 pm
so an upgrade should fix the problem? i hope thats what your saying lol

Posted Thu 12 Feb 09 @ 10:11 pm
capricepusha wrote :
so an upgrade should fix the problem? i hope thats what your saying lol

I would say yes, you have more options to play with.

First though,have you run the DPC latency check tool, to see if you haven't got any bad drivers/devices onboard your laptop.

Download and run the tool. If you can please post a screen shot too, follow the link below

http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

Posted Thu 12 Feb 09 @ 10:18 pm
it noted that my machine should be able to handle audio/video. I also meant to tell you I had the virtual dj LE on my main computer and I didnt have the glitchy-like sounds, but who knows.

Posted Thu 12 Feb 09 @ 10:26 pm
I also have a Hp/Compaq laptop and I was having the same problem as you. I managed to fix the problem by disabling all possible components, not only from Device Manager, but from the Bios setup as well. I noticed that after wifi and bluetooth were off, everything started working ok.

I also disabled every possible process I knew I wouldnt need.

Posted Fri 13 Feb 09 @ 9:50 am
I also have a Hp/Compaq laptop and I was having the same problem as you. I managed to fix the problem by disabling all possible components, not only from Device Manager, but from the Bios setup as well. I noticed that after wifi and bluetooth were off, everything started working ok.

I also disabled every possible process I knew I wouldnt need.

thats good that somebody understands me! lol but i will do that and see what happens. ill let you know and thanks

Posted Fri 13 Feb 09 @ 2:45 pm
I have same issue, I tried two diffrent laptops and both having same problem. I think it is software and the way it process music with rmx. I am going to try to upgrade with pro version. Hopefully this will solve the problem.

Posted Wed 18 Feb 09 @ 9:05 am
You shouldn't have to disable anything on a modern laptop to stop the audio glitches. There must be some driver compatibility issue here. Too many people are reporting this problem on various setups.

Posted Wed 18 Feb 09 @ 12:01 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
kradcliffe wrote :
You shouldn't have to disable anything on a modern laptop to stop the audio glitches. There must be some driver compatibility issue here. Too many people are reporting this problem on various setups.

Respectfully Keith I disagree. Especially if this is a major outlet purchased lappy. I always go to http://www.pcdecrapifier.com/ and run it. Most laptops purchased at major retail outlets are loaded with junk. Removing/turning things off is not only not a bad idea, I recommend it. Not to mention some anti-virus programs can be resource hogs.

Posted Wed 18 Feb 09 @ 12:07 pm
Hi Terry,

No .... you are right, I was just generalising ...... I was referring to branded laptops, not the £299 junk from toys'r'us, although, who would seriously buy one of them to DJ with ?????

AV can be a problem, but I never ever install it in my machines and going through the startup stuff and thinning it down can help, if nothing else than to free RAM for loading.

P.S. not sure if anyone has used this nifty tool, I carry it at all times and it's brilliant for cleaning out the startup apps.

http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

Posted Wed 18 Feb 09 @ 12:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)