Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Working With Only One Soundcard

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hacktekHome userMember since 2005
Hey guys. Awesome program u got here. Here's my problem. I've been using VDJ for a little under a month now and i'm totally addicted. My current setup is:

1 Onboard Nvidia Soundcard
1 PCI Genius 5.1 Card(ignore the 5.1 since i don't use it, the card was cheap as heck)
1 External Mixer

With this setup it's awesome to mix, since each card corresponds to a deck in VDJ and, coincidentally, to a channel on the mixer(the mixer itself has a monitor option, so the headsets are plugged there). Now, i want to begin doing some amateur DJ work on small parties, but don't want to go through the hassle of having to take my PC with me, so i bought a Stereo Splitter so i can mix with one sound card(since most or none of my friends actually have two soundcards). Theoretically, when that option is selected on VDJ, the Left and Right channels correspond to each of the decks and with the external mixer there shouldn't be any problems doing the mix. Here's where the problem arises: that's not happening. The left deck sounds on channel 2, but the right one sounds on both channels, so if i mix that deck, sound will go directly over the song that's playing at that time and that's not good at all. With the monitor on the mixer is the same thing: if i have the left deck playing i can hear that deck or select the other channel for the new song, but when i play it, i plays on the monitor, but goes directly to the output. Has anyone faced this problem? Any suggestions? Thanks a lot for any help.

Posted Sat 26 Feb 05 @ 8:12 pm
hacktekHome userMember since 2005
(...)so i bought a Stereo Splitter so i can mix with one sound card(since NONE of my friends actually have two soundcards).

Sorry about that, wrote it wrong and it might confuse people.

Posted Sat 26 Feb 05 @ 8:32 pm
maybe because your using a poorly cracked version?

Posted Sun 27 Feb 05 @ 2:30 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
your problem definately has to do with the outdated poorly hacked version of vdj that you are using.
2.01 is old and no longer supported. Especially since you are using an invalid serial number.

What you are trying to do however is very easily done with the full purchased version of VDJ. I'd suggest that you completely uninstall the buggy version that you have and purchase the proper (most current) version, and you will be able to easily achieve the results that you are seeking.

Posted Sun 27 Feb 05 @ 3:19 am
And we wont be mad!Your welcome to join us anytime.
Andre

Posted Sun 27 Feb 05 @ 12:05 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
-)

Posted Sun 27 Feb 05 @ 7:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)