Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: The volume control messes up the beat

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hello all :) .. im having this problem: When the music is playing and i then turn the volume up or down then it sounds really bad. Like its breaking up the music (beats) while im doing it. It's like changing the volume changes the music..sounds like im scratching. What could be the problem? Its also doing in when im changing the pitch. For instance.. the music is playing on the right dj table and nothing on the left. But when im changing the volume on the left side ( or pitch ) it still fucks up the music.
It is vs 5.0

Posted Wed 04 Feb 09 @ 9:53 am
It's a latency issue. Check your soundcard capabilities and adjust to suit.

P.S. the latest demo version is 5.2 so it may be worth downloading that to see if there's an improvement.

Posted Wed 04 Feb 09 @ 11:34 am
It's a latency issue. Check your soundcard capabilities and adjust to suit.

P.S. the latest demo version is 5.2 so it may be worth downloading that to see if there's an improvement.

Mate could u try explain a bit more in detail what u mean ( check the soundcard capabilities )? :) would be much appriciated.

Posted Wed 04 Feb 09 @ 11:40 am
Are you using a soundcard built in to your PC or an external one?

Are you using directsound or ASIO drivers?

VDJ has configurable settings but without knowing your sound card setup it's hard to say.

Posted Wed 04 Feb 09 @ 2:46 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I had the same issue with the pitch sliders and volume slider as well. I have the Hercules RMX (external sound card built in), OS: Vista, 2 gig ram on a laptop. Control panel is not in any power save mode, so my Laptop's power settings were maxed to performance.

In VDJ under performances I was running it at "best quality" preset (slider all the way to the right) as I figured the controler could handle it, but it can't. The best setting I can find is run that silder in the default setting (1/4 of the way over from the left). I would try this first but this is not what fixed it for me.

I also had an issue with all the plug ins that I installed (RMX console remapper was the last thing before the issues began). I know this because after installing the RMX console mapper, my scratch button would not stay locked on scratch. When I pressed the scratch button, it would light up, but as soon as I released it, it would go out. Then all I could use the jog dials for was pitch bend, I could not find a way to make it scratch anymore (not that I am any good it it right now:).

After tring MANY things (10 uninstalls and allot of internet searching) this is how I fixed my set up. I ran the VDJ registry tool plug in and hit clean, to clean the registry (and remove VDJ). I deleted the VDJ folder in "My Documents" and then uninstalled VDJ using the uninstall wizard in the Programs VDJ folder. Then I reinstalled it as I already had the latest version 5.2.1. That cleaned out all of my "tweaking" that got me in that trouble in the first place. This is really what fixed it for me as I tried the performance slider first (as this post sugested) and there was no place on the performance bar that improved the "jittery" performance when moving sliders for me. After I cleaned out in my exact described way and reinstalled, I was up, running and all problems were gone. Hope this helps.

Posted Sun 01 Mar 09 @ 9:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)