Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Crackling sound maya 44 usb

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi. I got my TCV's today, and of course I've run into troubles. When I set the latency to anything higher than normal, I get pops and clackles. I have no IRQ conflicts, I have un-installed the hercules console drivers( but there was an error-message for the asio-ones this MIGHT be the problem), I have no other USB-device connected, I have tested two different MAYA 44's, I've tested my memory, I've disabeled the graphic-acceleration, I've disabeled lots of hardware, I've disabeled the norton antivirus, I've tried installing and uninstallin on all three USB-ports, I've installed VDJ fresh, the windows install is quite fresh, I've got the most up-to-date drivers for all hardware including the CPU, I've disabeled the Power-now!, and... well I think thats all I've tried... with no luck. One odd thing is that there seems to be less crackles in Highspeed than in Fast mode. Oh, and I've tried to run this on a friends laptop (centrino-based), and it worked like charm.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Does anyone else have this problem? The normal-mode has got to much latency, and I got the maya to get a COMPATIBLE card...

My system-specs are:
Fujitsu simens Amilo A1630
AMD Atlon64 3200
512MB DDR 2700
40GB 4200 Drive
ATI mobility Radeon 9700
windows XP home SP2
Norton antivirus
Norton Internet Security

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 9:56 pm
BTW DirectX 9.0c

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 10:15 pm
djltHome userMember since 2005
Hey, Sorry Sjursjur I know this is off the topic but I was wondering when you put your order in to when you actually received your vinyls. I asked them and they replied "waiting for shipping".

Posted Thu 24 Feb 05 @ 12:56 am
it took five days, from when they shipped it.

Posted Thu 24 Feb 05 @ 1:00 am
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
read before ask . you must to search the words .

Posted Thu 24 Feb 05 @ 2:40 am
What makes you think I haven't searched the forum before I ask? didn't you see I listed up a ton of things I tried? all those things were possible solutions found in these forums. none of them worked, so I ask...

Posted Thu 24 Feb 05 @ 12:58 pm
I think he was talking about djlt!
Your specs seem to be fine i think you should remove Norton antivrus this guy lock up a lot of memory and chews up a lot of Ram.
Be sure when you do remove norton to do a search there is a lot of stuff in your pc that is tagged "Norton or Symantec"(do a search and regedit Local_key_software)after add/remove
Try AVG anti-virus
Andre

Posted Fri 25 Feb 05 @ 3:27 pm
I allready tried removing Norton. It did not help. I've also tried flashing my bios. No help. But I've discovered that it is not a performance-issue. Because when I launch my internet-browser (opera) the sound becomes (almost) perfect. I find this very strange. This does not happen with internet explorer... very strange. Further more, running opera does not have this positive effect unless I'm hooked up to an internet connection. The sound also becomes almost perfect if I for instance run a video in mediaplayer or set my video-edeting system to play back clips with heavy effects. It's almost as if my system is too powerful... very strange... I suspect that this is a driverproblem or perhaps something in VDJ's code.

The waveforms are not moving smoothly either... unless I run opera. I think I could have lived with this, as long as it gets me to play with OK sound, but alas, I just canceled my internet-subscription so this solution does no longer work.

BTW my chipset is sis755

Posted Fri 25 Feb 05 @ 9:44 pm
I get a similar problem trying to do bypass. You managed to solve the problem Sjursjur?

Posted Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 2:33 pm
Well, I've done days of fail-searching, and come to the conclusion that it probably is because the USB is not fed enough power... So I may have to return my laptop to the store and have a new one... In your case, it can be like a zillion things so I don't know.

Posted Wed 02 Mar 05 @ 5:00 pm
its the silence

raise it to about 8-10%. that should stop the crackle, and pops you're hearing

Posted Sat 05 Mar 05 @ 1:24 pm
that or your computer doesnt like the maya 44 USB. i had a maya 44 USB, and had t oreturn it for a m-audio delta 44.

you need to check your IRQs, and make sure nothing is sharing with your video card, or sound card.

click start, all programs, accessories, system tools, system information. once there, click hardware resources, and then conflicts/sharing. what does it say?

are all your drivers for all you devices properly installed? check with device mangager, and see if you cant update some of them. maybe there is something you are missing. maybe you have already done this....i dont know

VDJ is a champ. its not the program. its just picky.

Posted Sat 05 Mar 05 @ 1:28 pm
thankyou. i'll try that

Posted Sat 05 Mar 05 @ 8:24 pm
OK I solved my problem by using a PCMCIA USB 2.0 interface. The weird
thing is that if I plug the MAYA into the slots on the card while the
computer is on, it shuts off imedeatly... Weird behaviour. Anyway,
this of course would make it impossible to install the driver as one
have to unplug and replug the device. I managed to do this by plugging
and un-plugging the PCMCIA instead of the USB plug. My setup now works perfectly on the fastest latency settings.

Hope this helpes others who have this problem.

Posted Tue 08 Mar 05 @ 1:39 pm
BTW, I also had to disable the machines USB bus...

Posted Wed 09 Mar 05 @ 1:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)