Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help before buying

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

swiftyHome userMember since 2005
What are the minimum system requirements for VDJ 2? I have the demo version and playing the demo songs are fine but as soon as I add my own library everything lags big time! Sounds skips, takes about 30+ seconds for a deck to play, vinyl animation hardly spins, basically it gets unusable.

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 5:45 pm
First, how many tracks are you adding. Are they all in the same folder, are you SURE they are all mp3's, how much ram does your pc have (very important). There are many questions you need to answer. Give us all your system specs. Go here are for the online manual which has the minimum requirements toward the bottom of the .Pdf:

http://www.virtualdj.com/support/manual/

I tried to copy and paste the minimum requierements but it came out as garbled text (like code). It did specify that the minimum ram is 384mb and recomended is 1024 mb. I run with 512 mb ram with no problems. Minimum cpu is 850 mhz. Recomended is 1.2gig.

Post if you have any more questions.

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 6:17 pm
Ah. I only have 128MB ram, no where near enough to run it! I'll have to look into upgrading my PC, it's way over due

Thanks for the tips.

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 6:59 pm
If I were to buy the DJ Console, Virtual DJ (DJ Console Edition) comes with it, is this the full version or a demo? Also does this version still allow me to lock the beats for a smoother mix?

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 7:04 pm
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
it is not the full proffesional edition. you wont be able to download effects or most skins
its doesnt have a time limit to use it though but i think you should go straight to the full version

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 7:07 pm
Dude update your computer and purchase the full version and you won't be sorry. I promise you.

MS

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 10:13 pm
i agree, you can't go wrong. the plugins and effects are great.

Posted Thu 24 Feb 05 @ 12:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)