Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mapping VDJ software to the M-Audio Xponent - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hey Guys,

I'd really appreciate anyones help here. I'm an entry/amateur dj. I have been using virtual dj to mix songs for the past year and love it. Can I map vdj onto my xponent. If so do I need the pro version and how do I do it?

thanks so much

brendan

Posted Thu 29 Jan 09 @ 11:45 pm
What's up man,
I've been using my xponent with VDJ since August and love it! I use it for everything including my karaoke. I don't know if you need the pro version, but if you go to the CONFIG tab then open the REMOTE CONTROL tab, you'll find a picture of the xponent. Just click on it! Now the program will look for it the next time you open up VDJ. Now close VDJ and re-open it. When it opens, go back to the config tab and open the SOUND SETUP tab. In there you will find three windows, INPUTS, OUTPUTS and SOUND CARDS. In the input window it should read NONE. In the output window it should read HEADPHONES. In the sound card window it should read ASIO DRIVER. When all this is done click OK. Your Set!!!! Drag a song and enjoy. Good luck.
Paul

Posted Sun 01 Feb 09 @ 4:20 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
bostonbludevil wrote :
Can I map vdj onto my xponent. If so do I need the pro version and how do I do it?

Hi brendan, yes u do need the pro version for this and the mapper is available for professional edition user.

Hope to see u with us soon;)

Posted Sun 01 Feb 09 @ 4:34 pm
Hey guys,

Thanks so much for your help but I'm still in lingo. I followed your steps and am now able to hear the music through my xponent but none of the buttons work, nor the jogwheels. Do i have to randomly assign buttons to the xponent within vdj, if so how do I do that?

Thanks so much in advance

I'm pretty clueless about this stuff

brendan

Posted Thu 05 Feb 09 @ 11:03 pm
hey man,
I'm just as clueless! I wonder if you need to install the Torq software so your computer recognizes the xponent? I know I installed torq right away just to see if I liked it. I opened it and played around alittle, but just enjoy VDJ and it's toys. I closed torq, opened VDJ and got it working using the steps I sent the other day. Maybe tech support will read this and throw us bone.
good luck
Paul

Posted Fri 06 Feb 09 @ 1:14 pm
yeah I sent tech support a message and hopefully they will get back to me/us. I also did the same thing when I got the xponent, opened it installed all the software and everything and then followed your directions and it doesn't seem to be working. Hope I can figure this out? Thanks for you help though

brendan

Posted Fri 06 Feb 09 @ 4:40 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If you enable the xponent controller under the remote control tab (it's on the second page of controllers) in config you will get a basic mapping.

You can then also use my mapper to extend this.

Alternatively you can activate general midi and map it manually, but with no leds, progress bars or vu meters.

Posted Fri 06 Feb 09 @ 7:16 pm
Yeah i already did that and it still doesn't work...I downloaded your mapper and followed your directions in the pdf exactly (even downloaded runtime libraries), activated the controlled under the config tab and I still get no response from the hardware. I know the software is installed because I can see it under the effects/external device tab. I would really like to get your mapper working but it doesn't look like I'm going to...any other suggestions would be very much appreciated..

thanks

brendan

Posted Mon 09 Feb 09 @ 1:27 pm
Sounds like the controller isn't actually working; does Torq recognise and use it? It really does sound like a driver issue to me. Have you downloaded the latest drivers from M-Audio? What Xponent/M-Audio devices show up in the windows Device Manager?

Just for the record, you don't need Torq installed at all.

Posted Mon 09 Feb 09 @ 1:34 pm
yeah torq recognizes it fine but not vdj. One of my jogwheels is stuck so I'm getting a new one. I'll run everything through again and hopefully it will work with the new one. I'll let you know.

thanks so much for your patience and help

brendan

Posted Wed 11 Feb 09 @ 1:44 pm
No problem, when you get set up again I'll run through some tests with you, and we can try and find out what is going wrong!

Posted Wed 11 Feb 09 @ 4:53 pm
awesome...thanks...said it should be here next week so I'll post something around thursday of next week...

brendan

Posted Fri 13 Feb 09 @ 4:09 pm
infamisHome userMember since 2010
I know this is a really old post but Im deciding to try my luck anyways......Ive been djing for a few years now and I have become best friends with VDJ. I recently acquired an Xponent from a friend. At first it worked fine.

I used VDJ v5.4 on a PC running Windows Vista x64 SP2 with 4GB ram & 1.4GHz processor, which i feel is WAYY more than enough to carry a stable system.

At first everything was working fine, so i decided to branch off a bit and use Torq, seeing as the Xponent came with it and I might as well give it a shot. Hated it, and went back to VDJ, after a few weeks of playing, my Xponent just froze.

When i turn it on, it calibrates, all the lights come on, then thats it. At least on VDJ. The master and booth volumes still work and so does the mouse pad, but thats it. I tried uninstalling, re-installing, updating drivers, etc. none have seemed to work. I tried going to VDJ 6.0.1, installed a mapper, still no response......and it still works fine on Torq....go figure....

Can anyone help me out here????

Posted Wed 09 Jun 10 @ 4:19 am
Firstly there is no VDJ 5.4.

Secondly what is the "Bank" switch on the front set to?

Thirdly download the latest trial, install that and see if the Xponent is available in the dropdown box. You don't need any mappers for it to work - be wary of what mappers you are using since you haven't obtained them from the official site.

Lastly if you own VDJ please register your serial number in your profile.

Posted Wed 09 Jun 10 @ 4:26 am
infamisHome userMember since 2010
IDK why but when I try to register my serial, its giving me an error, and you were correct, I have 5.2Pro

the Xponent's bank is over on B, I flipped it to A and it worked! thank you soooo much man, I cant believe it was so simple, and I couldve sworn I tried that 100 times!!!

I almost bought a whole new set-up because I thought my Xponent was dead!!!

Posted Wed 09 Jun 10 @ 4:37 am
Glad its working; you can contact support about your serial.

Posted Wed 09 Jun 10 @ 8:08 pm
Good evening! I hold the VDJ Professional and work with an HP Pavilion DV7 Model-3079 with AMD Turion Ultra Dual Core Processor M600 (2.40GHz 2MB L2 Cache) 4096MB DDR2 Memory Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Video Card and ATI Mobility HD 4650 Randeon with 1024 dedicated graphics memory. And I have a controlled Torq Xponent. I'm having the following problem, everything works correctly using Virtual DJ to run but the image of the Videos are giving them some locked and frozen, what should I change my settings? Acredto that latency. thanks Sergio

Posted Sat 10 Jul 10 @ 12:51 pm
dj rrcHome userMember since 2011
i was wondering can i use M-Audio Torq Conectiv USB DJ Interface with virtual dj

Posted Tue 01 Feb 11 @ 4:19 pm
dj rrcHome userMember since 2011
any 1 got answers to my qustion.. thanks for your help

Posted Tue 01 Feb 11 @ 4:20 pm
Yes, you can.

However a couple of points:

* Please don't bump a forum post on a different topic, especially an old one

* Give people more than literally a minute to response ;)

Posted Tue 01 Feb 11 @ 6:39 pm
83%