Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Denon DN-HC 4500 Mapper v1.3 for PC and Mac - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

NLU's should not have access to this plugin!

Posted Fri 01 May 09 @ 8:06 am
VOG_PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I was wondering that too

Posted Fri 01 May 09 @ 8:16 am
I have had loads of people asking me to email it to them through the Denon forum and others but I always refuse. Once these things get out in to the public domain it gives people one more reason not to buy VDJ.

Oh, one question for JPB .... when you go to the user options in the 4500 the explanations of the function codes scroll pretty slowly. Is it possible to provide a list of the description of each setting for quick reading rather than having to wait for the description to scroll accross. Perhaps this could be added to the text file?

Great job BTW.

Cheers - Keith

Posted Fri 01 May 09 @ 9:08 am
And another,

Not sure if there's a setting for this, but when I'm playing songs on my netbook with the load setting as "never" (where it loads a small part of the track ahead) I lose the top line of text on the HC4500 as "loading" flashes constantly. Is it possible to remove the track loading message on the HC-4500?

Thanks

Keith

Posted Sat 02 May 09 @ 4:30 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Oh, one question for JPB .... when you go to the user options in the 4500 the explanations of the function codes scroll pretty slowly. Is it possible to provide a list of the description of each setting for quick reading rather than having to wait for the description to scroll accross. Perhaps this could be added to the text file?

It's possible, but it would be very time consuming to manually cut and paste the entire list out of header file that contains this information. It might be possible to program the mapper itself to dump this info into a text file.

kradcliffe wrote :
Not sure if there's a setting for this, but when I'm playing songs on my netbook with the load setting as "never" (where it loads a small part of the track ahead) I lose the top line of text on the HC4500 as "loading" flashes constantly. Is it possible to remove the track loading message on the HC-4500?

Unfortunately it's not currently possible to turn this off. Unless you are extremely short of memory, it's better to load the entire song into memory rather than streaming from disk. The mapper thinks the song is still loading because less than 100% of the song has been loaded into memory.

Posted Sat 02 May 09 @ 6:42 pm
Thanks for the responses.

It's not a memory issue, but because the NC20 has a slow processor there is a "slow down" of the software while a track is loading. This is usually about 6 to 8 seconds so it's not a showstopper. The music output is not affected at all.

The reason I went with the NC20 netbook is that is very small, lightweight and supports 1280x800 skins.

Is there a setting to make the option descriptions scroll faster though?

Posted Sun 03 May 09 @ 5:14 am
You can change the overall speed of the scrolling text by changing parameter #26 Scroll Speed - This will affect all scrolling text including the song artist/title, but you can always set it back again after you have finished browsing user parameters.

Posted Sun 03 May 09 @ 6:47 pm
Thanks JPB, will give it a go tomorrow night!

Keith

Posted Thu 07 May 09 @ 12:56 pm
gracias capo

Posted Tue 12 May 09 @ 12:37 pm
oscargPRO InfinityMember since 2007
HELLO, I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH MY DN HC 4500 THEY LIGHT NEITHER THE LIGHTS OF THE BUTTONS NOR THE DISPLAY, I USE IT WITH VDJ 7 AND MAC.......... IT HELPS PLEASE

Posted Sat 29 Jan 11 @ 5:30 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Please start a new thread in hardware support, rather than bumping an old thread relating to an old DLL mapper.

Thankyou :)

Posted Sun 30 Jan 11 @ 6:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)