Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual folders disappearing or relocating

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

At tonights gig I discovered that my 90s, 2004 and Party virtual folders had completely disappeared!!! + a couple of the remaining virtual folders moved up or down the list in the folders view window. Bloody frustrating to say the least!!! I am going to have to spend hours or more likely days this week re-creating these folders before next weekends gigs.

Audio and Video databases on external USB 500 gig hard drive.

This is unacceptable, please devs get this sorted asap!!!

I'm very annoyed!!!

Posted Sun 25 Jan 09 @ 9:09 pm
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
usually this happens when your database becomes corrupt. rebuild or clean up your database before you build those lists again. a way to test is to add a folder...add some tracks to it...close vdj and reopen it to see if your folder and tracks are still there.

Posted Tue 27 Jan 09 @ 5:06 pm
DJAuzPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I've had this happen to me twice in the past, once quite recently.

When I open Cue a message related to 'Converting your 4x database' appears, then the Filter/VirtualFolders are gone.

I close and reopen Cue, same problem.

After a system restart the database reappears, everything back to normal!

Only happened twice, but scared the pants off of me both times =Þ

Posted Tue 27 Jan 09 @ 11:06 pm
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
sounds like a result of upgrading from an older version of vdj and the database not being fully converted. I'm sure that if you deleted your databae and rebuilt it from scratch, you would not have that problem again. Not sure if your cue points would be preserved though. You may back up your original DB ffile and try it. If it doesn't work just restore it.

Posted Wed 28 Jan 09 @ 7:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)