Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ in Linux or Windows

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I will be purchasing the software in April although I wanted to know if VDJ works in Linux and is quite stable or does it run better in a windows environment?

I like Linux for the fact that you can setup multiple desktops although I know the compatibility isn't all that great (but its still growing) and there's a lot you can do with Linux that Windows won't allow.

Anyways which OS would be more stable to use? I know Windows isn't the greatest software since all the security leaks although it has grown over the years and has gotten somewhat better (Win XP) Linux on the other hand has quite the community and is free.

oh and more importantly...Does VDJ actually run on a Linux platform (ie: Red Hat, SUSE, etc)?

Thanks

DJ White Devil

Posted Tue 22 Feb 05 @ 8:21 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
And the answer is .... NO !

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 4:38 am
That is right. It only runs on windows. Linux would be nice... maybe in the future.

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 6:57 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Welcome in advance.

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 7:48 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Developping VDJ on Linux would be great but it's very complicated (not for coding but) as there are many different configurations (problem of drivers, sound card, etc...)

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 12:18 pm
gmannHome userMember since 2005
hi there, i'm a mac user and that i tried using a PC to test Virtual DJ and i love the skins and the software but the problem is that it automaticaly adjusts the pitch/BPM when i load the songs, it shouldn't be that way, i want to play the way i use to in the conventional CD Mixer, i'm a DJ 1800 used on a mac platform... can you help me? the skin Im using isCDJ 100S and I hope soon you can come up one for the macintosh DJ's.

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 10:13 pm
you can turn that off

disable pitch reset in settings

this of course works in the full legal version

Posted Thu 24 Feb 05 @ 12:09 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Another idea, set "automatic bpm" to "smart" but only available on v2.06 so you need to buy it ;-)

Posted Thu 24 Feb 05 @ 2:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)