Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VirtualDJ Hercules RMX and Audio Kontrol 1 setup

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi I am currently using VirtualDJ for my Macbook pro (not the pro version) and I have the Native Ins. Audio Kontrol 1 as my primary soundcard. I also have the Hercules RMX console. Before I bought the sound card I hooked up my monitors to the RMX soundcard. No problems there. Now I just got the Audio Kontrol 1 and when I run virtual DJ I do not get any sounds since my monitors are not directly connected to the RMX and instead connected to Audio Kontrol 1.

How can I remedy this? WOuld I need to purchase the Pro version to set this up? Any advise would help////// IM fairly new to DJ-ing and all...

THanks!

Posted Sun 25 Jan 09 @ 11:11 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes in order to use different soundcard, it is only available in the pro edition. The djc/le edition would only let u use the soundcard/hardware it was provided with (Herc Rmx).

Anyway u have an discount to upgrade to pro and i hope to see you soon with us;)

Posted Sun 25 Jan 09 @ 11:31 am
Kool, thanks thats what i thought... and you're right, its like an incredible 150 dollar discount.. i think im going to get the Pro! thanks for the Input!

Posted Sun 25 Jan 09 @ 11:49 am
Yeah, going to pro version will give u more options and more goodies etc..hehe;)

Nice;)

Posted Sun 25 Jan 09 @ 11:53 am
Hi I just purchased the PRO version and its great except for one thing. The headphones when i plug them into my RMX does not work. They only work when i plug them into my external sound card. I mean its no big deal, but did i lose than connection since i now have the external soundcard?

Posted Fri 30 Jan 09 @ 12:48 am
Hi there, welcome as a pro edition user;)

What's currently in ur sound setting?

Posted Fri 30 Jan 09 @ 1:11 pm
Yes that is the correct way.

But if u want to use the rmx with the headphone then u can choose the rmx aggregate as ur driver and did not really need the audio kontrol 1 at ur set up:)

Regards;)

Posted Fri 30 Jan 09 @ 3:11 pm
Thanks for the advice... i think i will keep the external sound card hooked up and plug my headphones there. I prefer to use that as an output source rather than the RMX...supposedly the Kontrol 1 has better sound quality .. but thanks for the help!

Posted Fri 30 Jan 09 @ 3:24 pm
No problem. With VDJ pro u can do it all.. hehe

Have a nice day and enjoy;)

Posted Fri 30 Jan 09 @ 3:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)