Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: maya 44 usb w tcv

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to install my MAYA44USB soundcard to work w TCV's. I have a couple of issues:
First does anyone know what "active X is not working properly" mean? When I start VDJ, this is the error message I got!

Needless to say it's not working... Let the troubleshooting begin!!

Second thing is more a technical question about MAYA. Forgive my ignorance here but I am not a tekky. In the forum, it says to go to Audiotrak's website and download the latest driver. Sounds easy enough, but a few questions before.

Do I uninstall the driver that came w/ the MAYA 44 soundcard, then install the latest one from their website?

If so, can someone give me a little more information on how to install the driver, just to be safe I'm doing it correctly? I tried to follow the information as per their website:
This updated MAYA44 USB driver has two parts.

Part 1 - USB ASIO Driver Installation.
1. To start installation, run SetupXP2k.exe for 2000/XP, or run Setup98ME.exe for 98/ME.
2. Read & follow steps in Install.pdf file.

Part 2 - MAYA44 USB Control Panel.
1. Copy Maya44Panel.exe to your desired location and run it when needed.

The first part is fine, I found SetupXP2k.exe from the drivers folder under MAYA44USB, but then I got very confused-
I can not find the MAYA44 USB Control panel. ( I thought that it was the icon in the lower right hand side of my computer -- think it's called the task bar--- but when I open it. the control panel appears but there is nothing i can do there..... just stare at it... Is this supposed to be that way.

Lastly, Where is MAYA44Panel.exe?? I can't copy it to my desired location if
1) I can't find it and
2) can't copy to my desired location if I don't know where or what is my desired location.

Please if there is someone out there that knows how to help me I'd greatly appreciate it. I want to start this up already!!!

Posted Tue 22 Feb 05 @ 5:35 pm
DJKiteman,

Uninstall the driver on the cd first. Go to the website and download the latest version. Those will be ASIO drivers. Installing them will be a snap. The setup will guide you through it. First though, run windows update and download the latest version of DirectX. After you download and install directx, install the Maya44 drivers and you will be home free. Post if you ahve any problems.

Killabee44

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 7:27 am
Thanks, im gonna try this. I hope so. I really appreciate your help killabee- I'm dying to try this out.

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 5:53 pm
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
How do we tell which version of directX we have? I know I have 9 but not sure if A,B or C.

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 8:05 pm
Good question, im sure killabee will answer this for us.
I have no clue. let's wait and see

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 9:36 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
goto Start, Progrmas, Accessories, System Tools, click on System Information.

wait till that loads then clicke on the tools tab and go down to DirectX Diagnostic Tool

the version is stated at the bottom of the opening page of this tool

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 9:58 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Or just
START -> RUN -> (type) "dxdiag" (without the quotes " ")

Posted Thu 24 Feb 05 @ 8:38 am
thanks guys, verified my direct x needs to be updated. Thought I could update it first by copying the update to a cd, then taking it to my computer and installing it, but I couldn't. Apparently you have to be connected to the internet and unfortunately this computer is not connected to it. So it looks like I'll have to get my internet connected again, then run the install.

Posted Thu 24 Feb 05 @ 3:54 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Sat 26 Feb 05 @ 3:03 am
djltHome userMember since 2005
I was just wondering how to do the bypass so you can play normal vinyls. I'm trying to find this bypass control but it's no where to be found?

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 11:28 am
Sorry scratch that I found it but there's another problem.

When I use the bypass mode through VDJ I've noticed there is quite a substantial drop in quality from when I plug my 1200 directly into the Mixer.

But in your video there wasn't much at all - would you have any idea?

I'm using the Maya44 USB soundcard with 2x 1200's and the Numark DXM06.

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 12:08 pm
Your problems are normal with a cracked version.

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 12:23 pm
Well perhaps you can help me then?
When my TCV's finally arrive, I will purchase the program. Now please tell me when they will arrive as I haven't received any confirmation nor tracking number about my purchase?

I'm quite appauled to be honest.

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 1:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)