Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: crossfader

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

just trying out the demo of your new virtual mixer. gr8 stuff. nearly considering buying it. the sound qualitys superb, sample functions great. just one basic thing i cant get my head around, something my other basic demo atomix3 can do, and thats have various choices of how long the crossfader stays running for. on atomix u can count 5 , 10, 15, 20 or 30 beats b4 the crossfader finishing. either i havent worked it out how to change it on your virtual dj or your crossfader only stays running for a short period of time. this is make or break as to whether i buy this or not guys!

Dal

Posted Tue 22 Feb 05 @ 11:58 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi;

I'm not sure to understand correctly your question because I don't really speak english.
If I understand well you want to have an automix feature wich allows to define the crossfade duration in a number of beats.
If it's right:
- You can already define the duration in seconds.
- but djcel has written a plugin to improve the possibilities of the crossfader options. However the plugins are only available for full users.

Don't worry about this soft it worths its price!!!
A lot of plugins are already available and it's compatible with VST plugins.

... all upgrades were free to now. The dev team is very close to the customers.

Posted Tue 22 Feb 05 @ 2:24 pm
well, thats correct yes in i would like to define the length of the the mix of the crossfader. how do i go about altering the duration in seconds? can u save a diffent duration for each individual track?

and most importantly, am i able to try this out on the demo version to see how it works?

cheers

Dal

Posted Tue 22 Feb 05 @ 4:11 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It's not possible to define the duration for each track but you can go in the settings option -> Fale settings and adapt "fade length" with "force fade" activated.

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 7:47 am
ahh, got ya. i cant believe it. it only goes upto 16 beats. this isnt long enough for most of the music i play. the basic atomix can count upto 30, which is ideal for most house music.

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 1:09 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
in the settings it's not 16 beats but 16 secondes. Use the value of bpm (beats /minute) to convert. My plugin Xfade goes up to 128 beats ;-)

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 2:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)