Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Plug-in - Titler

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there a way to change the colour of the titler plug-in from yellow. or better still away to have a picture as the background for this...

please help i am getting sick of the yellow box now.. lol

Posted Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 9:58 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I'd like to see the titler have a slider for time displayed and even a option for Karaoke video where the title will flash for preset 15-20 sec. befor the words stat to scroll across the screen.

The titiler always get in the way of the words in a Karaoke file or Karaoke video, this would be a plus to address.

Joey....

Posted Sat 24 Jan 09 @ 10:35 am
Surely it would make sense if you could disable it for certain file types eg. Karaoke.
I don't see why you would want it to title a karaoke track.

I would love to see it have the option for an image rather than a colour, with transparency.

Ross

Posted Sat 24 Jan 09 @ 1:53 pm
JoeyKJ wrote :
I'd like to see the titler have a slider for time displayed and even a option for Karaoke video where the title will flash for preset 15-20 sec. befor the words stat to scroll across the screen.

The titiler always get in the way of the words in a Karaoke file or Karaoke video, this would be a plus to address.

Joey....

How would the plugin know when the words were going to appear? I guess this is where you really need a KJ to stop the track, till the singer gets up, the start the track, and have the title vanish. This would also mean the titler should really show the singer name too.

I cant use the titler at all as with TV oversacan, most of the first letters on the plugin get cut off. For me I get

LIE
EP BACK IN TIME

Posted Mon 26 Jan 09 @ 11:02 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
halo_djk wrote :

I cant use the titler at all as with TV oversacan, most of the first letters on the plugin get cut off. For me I get

LIE
EP BACK IN TIME

Never had that problem myself, I use that plugin quite a lot. Have you tried fiddling with your graphics card's output settings? On my nVidia card, there's an option to fine tune the dimensions of the TV output to compensate for overscanning TVs. Failing that, would the screen resizer plugin fix things?

Posted Tue 27 Jan 09 @ 7:28 am
Good ideas, but have used the nvidia controls to set overscan on purpose to cover the black edges that appear on many of the videos that i get. It's a standard procedure for TVs, also done by tv stations. I do use screen resizer fo some videos that are 16:9 but rendered badly, but would not like to use this all night as the video quality drops with every plugin you add to the active list, i already use 3 at once and am a little dissapointed at my high quality videos looking muddy because of this.

The plugin adds the text "right" on the edge of the screen, there really should be a small gap of the space of a letter or two to allow for TV overscan, as we are not playing to computer monitors (that scan right from the edge of the monitor), we are playing to normal TV's, plasmas, or Projectors.

Thanks

Posted Tue 27 Jan 09 @ 9:18 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
halo_djk wrote :
JoeyKJ wrote :

Joey....

How would the plugin know when the words were going to appear? I guess this is where you really need a KJ to stop the track, till the singer gets up, the start the track, and have the title vanish. This would also mean the titler should really show the singer name too.

LIE
EP BACK IN TIME

When you know that you're going to play them just shorten the Title display time to 15-20 Sec. to display. That's all you'll need and besides it's not just Karaoke but Music Video too.

I'd Like the ability to shorten the time span because the Titler the way it is now, it just stay's there and becomes a distraction after a while and lingers on till the song/video plays to the end, so a fllash of the Title for that first 15-20 Sec so people know and move on with the main event.

Having it is a big plus for me people like the idea through there complement. (I don't see other DJ with That)

Maybe make it dissolve or spin away would be nice?

Joey.....

Posted Wed 28 Jan 09 @ 6:20 pm
Do you know where to get karaoke plugi-ins for the Virtual DJ Software?

Posted Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 7:10 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
sorry luke you got to be a registered user for plugins...

Posted Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 7:20 pm
Any progress on setting it to a color other than that yellow? Eg, blue?
Is there some parameter we can change ourselves?

Posted Sun 14 Nov 10 @ 1:13 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Not at present.

I'm sensing another project lol...

Posted Sun 14 Nov 10 @ 1:35 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I was told this plugin has a memory leak. VDJ has worked better ever since I was told to stop using it. Just a heads up, but I think it it on a long list of "it would be nice to fix....". I am not sure they have done anything with it yet.

If any abody can make a great new plugin, it is deffinately you man. Just landed a new Years gig in a local club. Can't wait to use the timer in scroll text!

Posted Sun 14 Nov 10 @ 2:01 pm
Another tab in scroltext perhaps?

Posted Sun 14 Nov 10 @ 4:40 pm
On top of that...Tittler its not reading the new 4 decks...bummer...

Posted Sun 14 Nov 10 @ 8:27 pm
It aint the only plugin thats not workin with 4 decks though..................maybe a rework of them to get things up to par.

Huey

Posted Sun 14 Nov 10 @ 9:08 pm
+1+1+1

Posted Sun 14 Nov 10 @ 9:11 pm
djbabisPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I'm a new mac user and i can't find the titler effect (or most of the pc-version effects) for the mac version...! Any help please!!!!

Posted Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 11:07 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The OSX version currently has less available video effects than the Windows version.

Posted Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 12:34 pm
Hi guys.

I'm also a Mac user. Has there been any developments on a "Titler" effect for our platform?

Thanks in advance.

Posted Mon 12 Aug 13 @ 10:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)