Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: New Video Transition: BreakThrough - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

Posted Sun 18 Jan 09 @ 1:44 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Wow, that's quick work!

I'm going to validate it and make an .exe installer for it.
However, I think it would be better if the active video always splits in two instead of it being the video on left deck that splits in two.

Thanks for your great work!!!

Posted Sun 18 Jan 09 @ 3:40 am
I'll look into that for you :)

Posted Sun 18 Jan 09 @ 8:43 am
I've added this as an option, and uploaded as v1.1...

Posted Sun 18 Jan 09 @ 9:22 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
v1.1 online ;)

Posted Sun 18 Jan 09 @ 10:05 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
thanks, and nice one...

Posted Sun 18 Jan 09 @ 12:09 pm
Ok, so whilst you're on a roll with these transitions...

Here is one that would be rediculiously complicated, if it's possible and if I can even explain it properly!

So, the crossfader is all the way to the left, then you move it a touch to the right and the video zooms out and around it come more copies of it to forma grid of 9 equally sized copies, but then you move it a bit more and now it's zoomed out to make (9 plus 16 more around the edge) 25 equally sized copies of the original video in a grid.

And the the crossfader position changes, the grid of copies grows and grows as all the copies shrink and shrink.

But then you notice that the frames arn't all the same- some of the copies have different colourings and brightnesses, and they are starting to form a moving picture (the new video!), as the crossfader moves more and more to the right, the original frames shrink so tiny they simply become pixels of the next video! Does that make sense!? I'm not sure how much processing power that would take, but it would look so awesome if it was possible!

Thanks for all the new stuff, they're all looking so good right now!

Posted Sun 18 Jan 09 @ 5:26 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
like the idea, be great if it were possible, would like the same effect just for watching a single video up on screen like you see in music videos (matrix effect)

Posted Sun 18 Jan 09 @ 5:40 pm
Oh good, I'm glad you get the description. That would be cool. I feel like I've seen a freeframe effect somewhere that does that kind of thing to just one video source. I can't find it after a quick google search though.

Posted Sun 18 Jan 09 @ 5:58 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
PeteMetaImage freeframe plugin. (my favorite Freeframe plugin)

And this would be a great idea for transition.

Posted Sun 18 Jan 09 @ 6:17 pm
You all trying to test me now or something? ;)

I'll have a look into that Andy, that might take a little longer though!

Posted Sun 18 Jan 09 @ 6:40 pm
PeteMetaImage, that's it! I hadn't looked at those freeframe things for ages, that's so good, exactly what I was thinking of, but with the second video coming in rather a repeat of the first for a transition. Everybody reading this needs to find that plugin, it looks so good!

Posted Sun 18 Jan 09 @ 6:42 pm
Cool, I'll use it as a reference for the transition...

Posted Sun 18 Jan 09 @ 6:53 pm
Lol, no, sorry, not trying to test you. Honest! :-)

Yeah, well, to be honest, actually that was pretty much the most complicated thing I could think of! I know you've got about a million other vdj projects going on at the moment, not to mention all that other stuff, so don't take this seriously. It was just a bit of a brain dump after seeing the strips transition you did (looks so good by the way, and I know I've already said that a few times), and the strobe, also fantastic!

I did a tiny bit of programming when I was in uni, but my attempts with vdj didn't ever get further than altering the brake effect to work on beats rather than seconds! But maybe if you leave this for a while I might start having ago at programming again, see if I can do something good for vdj.

I think we've been spoilt enough these last few days with the different stuff you've been doing for us (hope the vdj team are buggin' you a few quid on the side for all this!)

Posted Sun 18 Jan 09 @ 6:53 pm
Lol, no, I'm not asking Atomix for money.

I will be setting up a donations thread soon though; the ScrollText update cost me a few quid to produce so if people want to contribute they will then be welcome. It's not a must-do though, I produce these things because I can, and because others have done the same. It's my way of contributing to the community :)

Posted Sun 18 Jan 09 @ 7:13 pm
I'll happily donate Scott, have you thought of a way to preferentially treat the donators yet?

Posted Mon 19 Jan 09 @ 2:42 am
VERY Pro, well done Scott, love the mirror effect and the Split Active feature!

Would love to see a Logo Transition someday, something similar to what the sports channels use when going from live to slo motion replays. Where the logo flies in from one side and out the other, while the video does a wipe style transition underneath. (transition underneath really could be anything!) Chroma key on the logo would be a massive bonus (IE BMPs with white backgrounds, the white colour is transparent). Just a quiet wish ive had for a while now... :-)

Posted Mon 19 Jan 09 @ 9:44 am
Yeah, I'd more than happily donate some money, especially for all that work you've done on the scroll text plugin. Can't wait to have the on-screen SMS option.

Perhaps you could do it like the skin creator tool, where you just have to donate before you can get the plugin? For the amount of features and quality, I don't think anyone would begrudge you the money. (To be honest, I think the best plan would be for vdj to buy it off you and offer it as part of the program, but they don't tend to do stuff like that. Which is a shame, because you're average DJ on the street doesn't even check the internet forums- so if a feature's not written on the software box (In big letters), then they don't know it exists!)

Posted Mon 19 Jan 09 @ 3:10 pm
damn dude. your abeast. i must say your transitions are becoming my more used ones for sure. awesome job. you need to setup a paypal account for donations i'll send you some $ for sure.

Posted Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 6:30 am
F- yeah... I would donate as well. My location now gets dissapointed when I don't play vids which rarely happends. Those new transitions are pro like... I;m excited about playing this wkend/

Posted Fri 23 Jan 09 @ 12:33 am
83%