Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Voice recording issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have been trying to record my mixes, which I can do, though it is for a local internet radio and would love to be able to do a talk over, but when I do talk over, I hear my voice but it wont record, it will only record the music.

This is probably something really simple, but for the life of me I cannot figure it out.

set up: Dell Lappy, Win XP SP2
Hercules MK2
VDj Djc edition.

all have been updated

plenty of memory to work with.

thanks

Posted Sat 17 Jan 09 @ 5:11 pm
kotdbPRO InfinityMember since 2007
djbretthogan wrote :
I have been trying to record my mixes, which I can do, though it is for a local internet radio and would love to be able to do a talk over, but when I do talk over, I hear my voice but it wont record, it will only record the music.

This is probably something really simple, but for the life of me I cannot figure it out.

set up: Dell Lappy, Win XP SP2
Hercules MK2
VDj Djc edition.

all have been updated

plenty of memory to work with.

thanks

Is your mic plugged into your herclues or your pc soundcard?

If its plugged into the pc then you might need to change the setting in the recording settings on Virtual dj to "primary sound capture" which will record all that goes through both soundcards.

If this doesn't work play around with those settings anyway. It could be the master and mic setting instead.

I have had no end of trouble with my mic and recording because my hercules mk 2 doesn't apmlify the mic input so its too quiet. So I need to use the computer soundcard and then play around with the settings. If only they had included a pre amp on that mic then I would have had a lot less stress for the past couple of years!

Posted Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 4:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)