Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problem Virtual DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello

A have buy Virtual DJ, but as i go mixing
than the program Virtual DJ crash ? ( and the PC also )

My computer is a :

Pentium 4 - 2,8 Ghz
512 DDR Geheugen
160 GB HD

Posted Sun 20 Feb 05 @ 5:19 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Albert;

Could you tell us a litlle more about your crash ?
Try to explain it with more details or post a screenshot.
This way we should be able to help you.

Welcome aboard.
Don't be afraid VDJ works fine.

Posted Sun 20 Feb 05 @ 5:26 pm

If I start the program and mix two songs.
When I scratch one now, then the program will crash.
This can be so bad, that I have to restart my PC.

My soundcard Creative Digital 5.1 is updated with the latest
drivers.
I have DirectX 9.0 C and I run on Window XP Prof.
My memory is 512 DDR-Ram

best regards
Albert

Posted Sun 20 Feb 05 @ 5:39 pm
Try scratchin after the track is loaded
Andre

Posted Sun 20 Feb 05 @ 7:16 pm
Same problem, I think it is the Memory ?
Now it is 512 DDR bud as Virtual DJ is loading than is 165 MB over , thats low ?
Zo tomorow i buy 512 DDR more than i have 1024 DDR I thinks thats a good idee ??

Posted Sun 20 Feb 05 @ 8:30 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well buying additional memory won't hurt it, should very much help. But on my home PC with 1 GB & 384 RAM the software doesn't crash, unless using two effects at once and trying to scratch the track. Which I in most cases don't do, so this sounds more like a hardware conflict issue. Maybe some devices share IRQ's, did you check that out?

Regards

Posted Sun 20 Feb 05 @ 8:37 pm
Were can I check that ?

Posted Sun 20 Feb 05 @ 8:49 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Start -> Config panel -> System -> Device management.
Check is everything is fine.
DId you look there ? http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=1390

No problem with 512MoDDR. I have 512 Mo SD-Ram and no crash.

Tell us. We'll try to help you.
If we can't sou should still ask e-service.

Posted Mon 21 Feb 05 @ 6:34 am
Hi,

I installed another 512 DDR memory so that my memory is in total 1024 DDR.
But when I start the music, my program will still be jamed.
The music is running in a loop and my computer is jammed. Meanwhile I also hear peeps.
To active my computer, I must first put off the power and than put on the switch.
According Windows XP,which assigns the IRQ's itself, it is impossible that there is an IRQ conflict.
So what can causes the jam.

Posted Mon 21 Feb 05 @ 8:09 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Sorry, but I'm out of ideas... Could you maybe tell us exactly what happens? Does this happen always or quite often? Does this happen while you manipulate (cue, scratch) the song, which is still loading in memory?

Regards.

Posted Mon 21 Feb 05 @ 9:29 pm
this happen always while I manipulate (scratch) the song, which is still loaded in memory !

Posted Mon 21 Feb 05 @ 10:08 pm
DJ NicePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Albert its no use I've asked for help quite a few times but all you get is a "I have 128mb
etc of memory and it works fine for me." The progam is marginal at best I've done about
12 parties with VDJ at 3 of those parties the BS recovery thing popped up - Now I've made
the $114 dollars back that I wasted but the embarassment of a packed dance floor looking
at you like WTF! I don't think I can over come anyhow use live at your own risk man

Posted Tue 22 Feb 05 @ 11:09 pm
DJ nice,

I have run VDJ on 3 different pc's and all work great. Its a great program. Research possible causes of trouble before you call the program "marginal at best". There are many possibilities.

Albert,

Download a ram testing program (see the link below) and test your ram. There are free programs out there to do this. Also, I recomend you get rid of the creative live sound card and get a delta44 or delta66. Believe me when I tell you that those are some rock solid sound cards. Also the maya44 (for a laptop). Very solid.

Guys, there are full threads here on how to tweak your laptoppc for sound. You will find literally dozens of tweaks that you can do. Sometimes its little things like disabling your wireless nic card while you play. Maybe there is a conflict. In XP Pro go to Start, programs, accesories, system tools, system information. Under hardware select "conflicts/sharing". This will show you what is sharing what. Make sure nothing is sharing IRQ's with your sound card. You can also click on the IRQ tab and see there what component is using what irq.

There are MANY threads like this here. Just use the search button. Here is one thread. Guys, there is no "one fix that will fix all". Try as many tweaks as you can until you get it sorted. Here are some links:

Test your ram with this app:
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Windows 2000 tweaks:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=1389

XP Tweaks:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=1180&page=1

Thanks to DJCoco for all the good info.

Good luck and dont give up!

Killabee44

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 7:16 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 9:41 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Albert020 - Is the file you are using a clean rip that doesn't have an really wierd compressions settings when it was ripped? As you look through the forums you will see various other that experiance similiar problems and it has been attributed to the file not compatible with VDJ - like 24-bit files don't work with VDJ that well - usually not at all.

cstoll

Posted Thu 24 Feb 05 @ 2:16 am
I'm having the same problem. I was using Virtual DJ on a laptop for playing every week in a club. It worked fine, about from the odd skip now and then. Since then, I bought a new more powerful laptop, and downloaded the latest drivers for my Hercules console. Now, everytime I start the second song running the thing freezes up and a portion of the song loops endlessly, and I have to restart. Any ideas?

Posted Wed 02 Mar 05 @ 11:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)