Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: New Video Transition: Strips - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Evening all,

I've just uploaded a new video transition to the site. It basically grows/shrinks the videos vertically. Each video is scaled horizontally in the same proportions as it was originally displayed, then repeated across the width of the video output, whilst scrolling in opposing directions.

Scroll speed is adjustable.

Let me know what you think once it's been made available for download by the team, and what improvements are needed.

Regards,

Scott

Posted Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 8:08 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Scott,

Just approved it tonight..

Posted Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 11:14 pm
Thanks. You tested it all? Did it work OK for you?

I should point out, this was compiled against the November 2008 DX SDK, so users will be wanting that runtime installed.

Posted Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 11:45 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hi Scott, just installed and dll is in the video transitions plug in, have the current directx november issue but when trying to use it there is no activate box popping up as with the other transitions, what am i doing wrong please.

Posted Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 6:56 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Maybe you need to have Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Runtime libraries...

Posted Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 7:13 am
think they are already installed other wise i wouldn't be able to use other effects but i will check thanks...

Posted Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 7:26 am
just been to ms site for updates and nothing needs updating, any other help please...

edit,

recently did a re install so went and got the c++ anyway and everything is now working fine... thanks for the advice,

@Scott, nice effect, another great plug in, cheers

Posted Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 7:31 am
tried installing it the only thing in the zip file was a .dll file. it wouldn't install like other plugins? any thoughts?

Posted Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 8:13 am
put the dll file in plug ins > video tansitions and start vdj, should be fine, remember the advice in the above posts

don't forget to activate it in effects > video trans....

Posted Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 9:35 am
Sorry guys:

You need to copy the DLL to your VirtualDJ\Plugins\VideoTransition folder. Sometimes the effects are converted to self-extracting installers, so this might be done at a later date by someone on the web team.

System requirements:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Runtimes: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en
DirectX November 2008: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

Let me know if it works and what you think :)

Posted Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 10:07 am
ah ha i a feel like a rookie. i thought i had the urntimein and apparently not. DOH! works now.

Posted Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 10:08 am
it freezes the videos as i fade from one to the other. this is the only plugin that seems to do it. is it something im missing?

Posted Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 10:14 am
nm now i restarted cue and it works fine. wtf ok well great job as ususal on the pluggin. i'll test it hard the next week.

Posted Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 10:23 am
very nice
i think, this will be my favorite transition for a while

thanks so much

Posted Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 12:28 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
SBDJ wrote :
Sorry guys:

You need to copy the DLL to your VirtualDJ\Plugins\VideoTransition folder. Sometimes the effects are converted to self-extracting installers, so this might be done at a later date by someone on the web team.

A simple .exe is now available ;)

Posted Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 1:46 pm
Thank you SBDJ. This is a best video transition so far. Works fine.
Thanks also for .exe file. Great work .

Posted Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 2:41 pm
Let me know if you come across any issues.

I'm also open to suggestions for other transition ideas too :)

Posted Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 3:48 pm
can there be an option added to this one to make them go side by side up and down as well as above and below like they do now? if you know what i mean. and maybe an invert button to make it go the oposite direction. other than that its def a hot effect.

Posted Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 4:27 pm
VERY Well done Scott, love all three of the new transitions posted (this one is hot!) Couldn't think of a more deserving person to be added to the Ultra-VIP list.... You've earned it mate!

Posted Sat 17 Jan 09 @ 7:46 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Sorry for off topic:

I have an idea for a new video transition:

The video splits in its middle as if doors are opening, this lets the new video appear.
As the video splits and leaves more space in the middle, the new video grows bigger.

I think Keynote software from Apple has this type of transition.

Posted Sat 17 Jan 09 @ 9:37 am
65%