Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: New Video Transition: Grow

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
So I'm sat at hospital trying to fill some time up. I've never really played with creating VDJ transitions, but thought I would give it a shot. I've made a transition that moves the video vertically whilst growing/shrinking the videos (and resizes the videos horizontal dimensions as well).

You can have the videos centered whilst this happens, or you can have one biased to each side. I don't however know whether to release this as two seperate plugins:

* If together, you can easily switch option, less disk space (well a whole 15k anyway), less transitions in the browser.
* If seperate, you can easily switch option without needing to navigate to the plugin, and means that RandomVideoTransition can alternate between the two.

Thoughts?

Scott

Posted Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 11:33 am
Hi, hope everything's going ok in hospital.

About the transition, I'd definately go for 2 separate transitions. I never find time in a set to go into the plug-ins and alter perameters. And also I use the random transition effect when I'm playing.

Also, I know this is a bit cheeky, but if you've got a bit of time on your hands, I always thought vdj was missing a proper strobe transition. Like you see in the music videos. i guess that it would switch between the two images 10 times per second or something to that order. In my mind i imagined that it just flicked backward and forward between the two decks as you moved the crossfader- so the slower you move it, the slower it strobes. And whilst I'm being a bit cheeky, I use my dmc2 with the video crossfade set to 2 seconds. What'd you think? Does anyone else think this sort of thing would be quite useful?

Posted Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 2:12 pm
Fantastic idea, and I've just written it - but with the strobe time based on crossfader position rather than speed of movement.

Posted Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 4:27 pm
Wow! That was quick! Awesome.

Can't wait to check it out when I get a bit of free time. (Not sure if it's on the website yet, I'll have a check in a bit)

Thanks for that.

It's really nice to see some more transitions, haven't had any new ones for a little while!

Posted Tue 13 Jan 09 @ 11:45 am
It's not uploaded yet, I'm still making some tweaks to it :)

Posted Tue 13 Jan 09 @ 3:12 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Mint. I do like the sound of this one, indeed!!!!!

Posted Tue 13 Jan 09 @ 6:30 pm
Which one? ;)

Posted Tue 13 Jan 09 @ 7:38 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Sorry Scott,

the strobe effect transition.

Posted Tue 13 Jan 09 @ 7:48 pm
Well I've uploaded two versions of the "Grow" transition, and these will be available for download once approved.

Posted Tue 13 Jan 09 @ 9:59 pm
cool plugin. i will be testing this one as well as strips this weekend.

Posted Wed 14 Jan 09 @ 6:02 pm
Hey Scott (SBDJ) ... Just have to say ... and I'm sure many other fellow VDJ users will agree ... you are a godsend and a HUGE asset to the virtual DJ world !! All your plug-ins are truely awesome ... and make my DJ world a whole lot brighter !! Can't wait for the Scrolltext upgrade your working on. I use the old version now and am ready for the new stuff !! Thanks again, Scott. Everything you have done and are doing is greatly appreciated !! I can't thank you enough !!

Posted Wed 14 Jan 09 @ 6:44 pm
1BadAssDJ wrote :
Hey Scott (SBDJ) ... Just have to say ... and I'm sure many other fellow VDJ users will agree ... you are a godsend and a HUGE asset to the virtual DJ world !! All your plug-ins are truely awesome ... and make my DJ world a whole lot brighter !! Can't wait for the Scrolltext upgrade your working on. I use the old version now and am ready for the new stuff !! Thanks again, Scott. Everything you have done and are doing is greatly appreciated !! I can't thank you enough !!

I agree, great job man! You really doing so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Posted Mon 13 Apr 09 @ 1:51 am
ya this is killer vdj trans

Posted Sun 23 Jan 11 @ 4:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)