Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules Live, Yes or No? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes, SYNC is the answer..

Posted Thu 17 Mar 05 @ 3:11 pm
here is my post on the new features section asking for: Sync off option

Anyone who has used the hercules dj console will know very well that the main flaw is the "play" button/control.., so most of us now are useing the "sync" to replace "play"...

This is all very well, but some of us want to be able to simply press play (mix the manual way) and not to sync on beat (automatically)..

As far as I can understand, it would be posible to have an option in virtual dj that would either ENABLE or DISABLE the sync function, If the sync function was disabled then the button would simply act as play..

So now the sync button (because of vdj software) can act as either SYNC or just PLAY..,

do you understand? (I tryed to explain as simply as possible), I think this would be possible, what do you think?..

Bagpuss,

Posted Thu 17 Mar 05 @ 4:41 pm
I think (haven't checked the mapper) its quite possible to remap the console, so that the sync button is actually just plain play...

try the hercules mapper...

Posted Sat 19 Mar 05 @ 4:38 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i only use the joggs and soundcard of the hdc. and the eq.
the rest i don't use. it's not working right(or not at all).

Posted Mon 21 Mar 05 @ 8:03 am
Play is sticky ...
Cue is sticky too, try to shortly hold cue in order to play a part of song and then release
the cue button, sometimes the song continues to play for a short time even if button is not pressed.

Are there problems with any other buttons ?

When I dissassembled the HDJC keyboard the sync button is made from the two surrounding "o" shape contact planes and on the rubber button there is "o" shape layer to conenct these two.

The other buttons are just two neigbouring planes connected with the rubber...

Play and cue buttons have 2 contacts one in the upper part and one in the lower area.

I even cleaned the whole keyboard from the "fat" with alcohole.

Will try to replace the play and cue button with some micro-click externally and will see if it is
a mechanical problem in the keyboard or rather o software problem.

Did someone else find out something regarding this ?

Nice day to all

Lopez

btw. a nice feature could be to make an internal mapper in VDJ for Hercules, that could be much better than only to give an option to switch off the sync function.

Posted Thu 24 Mar 05 @ 2:06 pm
Yes I would appreciate more options too, It would be good if you could limit the software EQ to 0, then If you cut the bass on the hercules and restore it, you wont risk going over 0,

This would fix the problem with EQ on the hercules, if you get what I mean.

Posted Thu 24 Mar 05 @ 6:52 pm
This is a great thread guys.., I wanted to post here to keep the topic alive, to save others from repeating ourselves.

Bagpuss (hows your hercules?).

Posted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 12:54 am
perhaps I'll get an blown out controller from dual cd deck and rewire it to the hercules :-)

or will save some money for the controller with display

Posted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 2:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)