Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Crashing while using TCV

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

If this has been posted before I could not find it. My problem is when doing fast scratching with TCV wax or CD VDJ will crash on me. I have a big gig this weekend, and I really want to have peace of mind that this NOT will happen to me live. Here are my computer specs. Northbridge Laptop P4 2.6, 1 gig of ram, Windows XP Pro, VDJ 2.06, Maya USB 44 soundcard. My computer is optimized for audio, and all background programs when using VDJ are closed or either disabled. A timely response is appreciated, thanks.

DJ Reggie Ward

Posted Thu 17 Feb 05 @ 7:40 am
that blows,

well, i have a desktop with a PCI card, and everything runs just fine
your specs should handle VDJ just fine. like a dream

i know you don't want to hear that, and would rather hear an answer that would help you.

Im thinking it has something to do with your IRQs, so try unplugging/uninstalling anything uneccasary from your laptops USBs.
I did have a maya 44 USB, and right away it gave me trouble.
so, i returned it for a PCI m-audio delta 44, and everything is solid.

im thinking you need to change some IRQ connections. i don't know how to do this though.
perhaps someone else will chime in

Posted Thu 17 Feb 05 @ 10:29 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
"when doing fast scratching with TCV wax or CD VDJ" do you have other functions on: effects, loop, beatlock,.... ? When in the song (at first, in the middle,....)? Describe your crask as you can, please

Posted Thu 17 Feb 05 @ 12:44 pm
No effects, no looping are one, and beatlocking does not seem to work for me when using TCV so I never use that

Posted Thu 17 Feb 05 @ 4:54 pm
djreggieward, I have the same problem when scratching or back cueing with the XP10s and also the hercules dj consolse. vdj crashing, see my many posts on the topic in the general forum and bugs forum. I don't have any irq conflicts either (or any other hardware problems). the problem has persisted across three different computers including a brand new dell laptop with 3.06Ghz processor and 1GB of ram. I also don't have a maya soundcard as the XP10 and HPDJC have soundcards builtin.

good luck with finding a fix for this though. most of the users and support who have never witnessed the problem are convinced that it is *your* setup or pc config that is causing the problem. then on the other hand you'll find a number of users who are having the same exact problem.

Posted Thu 17 Feb 05 @ 6:17 pm
Seems to be some other problem 4 sure check this out!
MY specs
IBM think pad
P3 intel 1.6mhz
640 RAM
20 GIG HD +80 GIG external hd
And i use
M-Audio Ozone keyboard
1 turntable with tcv
dj console
3 to 4 nights a week in a club
No crashes and if ever it does well i grab the mic and shoot some special on drinks and reboot
Last crash for me is halloween 2004
Regards
Andre

Posted Fri 18 Feb 05 @ 2:22 am
DJ Andre your computer specs are much less than those of us who are having problems, here's hoping you continue to have no problems. If I had the time I would totally reinstall everthing, and see it that corrects things, but I don't have the time. I do keep my computer hard drive defragged, my computer is virus and spyware free, current SP Level, and drivers. And as I mentioned earlier when using VDJ I try to devote as much computer resourses as possible, everything that can be turned off, disabled or shut down is. I did forget to mention that I use a USB 200 Gig external hard drive. Hopefully one of the programmers or someone who works in Tech support can give me some insight, I have the huge OLD School Party this coming Saturday, and I want to use my turntables, and have peace of mind.

thanks in advance
Reggie

Posted Fri 18 Feb 05 @ 4:02 am
Andre,

I have never witnessed a crash either but I have not had this software as long as you (only maybe 4 months). One thing though, I have a Delta 44 and a Delta 66 sound cards in my rigs and no issues. All I can suggest is maybe try a Delta series card (a usb version?). They are pretty cheap considering the fact that they are pro (4 in / 4 out) cards.

I know many users here are using the Maya44 with no issues though, so Im not sure what to tell you. Maybe its a combination of the Maya and some other variable that is in some pc's.
I hope you get this resolved.

Killabee44

Posted Fri 18 Feb 05 @ 4:02 am
Like i said if i can run this with my specs....these guys have twice the speed!!!!!!
So what gives?
Did any of you change the priority setting in task manager?( leave vdj at normal)
Is there any way you could test using completly different files?
Read this:http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm and set to safe not power
Cpu's are bigger and faster so this should not occur.....there had to be a reason
It is not the software no way!!
Dont get me wrong it is not your systems either its the config thats wrong.You have to isolate the problem
I even tried fast scratching for bout twenty minutes tonight
with tcv and with the djconsole....nothing no crash
Andre

Posted Fri 18 Feb 05 @ 9:29 am
Killabee44...If you have a good config like i do make a restore point
This will be so helpful if you do have a problem in the future
Your right M-Audio rocks never had problems with ozone since august 2004
Regards
Andre

Posted Fri 18 Feb 05 @ 9:36 am
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
delta 66 here too and timecoded vinyl
Never crashed once

PJay

Posted Fri 18 Feb 05 @ 6:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)