Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Couple of questions from a newbie

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Yek12PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi,

Just bought Virtual DJ for a party and to play around with.

Reading earlier messages I found out how to use my headphones with my Audigy 2 ZS (speakers set to 4.1 in Creative software, as well as in VDJ). I learned to use the AutoBPM utility to adjust BPM figures in VDJ.

Just some questions:

- How can I get a clean as possible signal from my soundcard (into my hi fi)? For example, I would prefer not to use the soundcard's onboard amplifier etc.

- How can I increase the font size for the music/playlist folder? I run in 1280x1024, using the default skin for 1024x768.

- After matching BPM's, what's the easiest way to synchronize measures between songs?

Grtx

Posted Wed 16 Feb 05 @ 10:41 am
1. could lower the volume of your soundcard, then put it thru an amp - but im not sure how well that would work

2. You will have to edit the skin.xml, thats stored in the "skins/default.zip" folder

3. The button with a star on it is the "beatlock" button, this should keep your songs in sync as long as they are correctly BPM'ed

Posted Wed 16 Feb 05 @ 1:19 pm
Thanks!
Regarding answer 3: yes, it'll sync them but how do I shift a song a couple of beats to align the two songs better (apart from bpm)?

Posted Wed 16 Feb 05 @ 2:40 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
3. for the moment there is no shortcut to synchronyse big square of cbg, use the jog for that

Posted Wed 16 Feb 05 @ 3:07 pm
Steve,

I have wanted to edit the font size of the tracks for a while (make them a bit bigger).

You said: "You will have to edit the skin.xml, thats stored in the "skins/default.zip" folder"

I found the file but where exactly do you edit in order to change the font of the tracks? Thanks.

Killabee44

Posted Wed 16 Feb 05 @ 9:29 pm
Open the .xml file with a notepad, and go to the BROWSER settings and change the font and size.

But DO NOT change the size allot because you have suternly a error to get.!!!

SO before you edit enything "save" the folder so you can come back if somthing is wrong.!!!
Hope i helped.!!

Posted Wed 16 Feb 05 @ 9:53 pm
Hi, there are three font settings below "Browser". Changing the "size" values does not have a impact.

Posted Wed 16 Feb 05 @ 10:30 pm
Correction, my fault ... I forgot to copy the edited file back into the ZIP file....

Yes, it works, thanks.

Posted Wed 16 Feb 05 @ 10:36 pm
Anytime dude!! ;)

Posted Thu 17 Feb 05 @ 9:04 am
@ djcel - thats not strictly true - on the default skin, theres buttons to skip beats in the "Remix" panel.

this might be what he's after, but i dunno if you had a different understanding of what was asked

Posted Thu 17 Feb 05 @ 10:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)