Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Vinyl Scratch v6.0 - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Oh Yes please Inlcude Both (Horizontal & Vertical) waves in the final version

After that, I Think it's gonna be perfect !!

Peace.
DJ-Spark

Posted Tue 16 Jun 09 @ 7:57 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
No shift knob?

Posted Tue 16 Jun 09 @ 1:39 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It will be very difficult to add vertical scratchwaves with the current version of the skin because there is no space for it. I should change a lot of items to make it readable so not for this version. Maybe later for a remake of this skin

Oups I forgot the loop knobs in this update :-(

Posted Tue 16 Jun 09 @ 2:23 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Will you add it?

Posted Fri 19 Jun 09 @ 1:39 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005

Posted Sun 21 Jun 09 @ 9:32 pm

Posted Sun 21 Jun 09 @ 9:33 pm
thanks a lot

looks pretty good :)

edit: the gain number is kind of blurred

Posted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 4:31 am
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
@listen2

before releasing a skin you should try it for more time; there are a few problems on the vertical waveforms if you click by the mouse. You should remove the hidden pannels from the xml code.

Posted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 4:33 am
sischo wrote :
@listen2

before releasing a skin you should try it for more time; there are a few problems on the vertical waveforms if you click by the mouse. You should remove the hidden pannels from the xml code.

Wow someone is hard to please..... :)

if you noticed it was a WIP (work in progress)

Nothing in that skin is final. Consider it a beta, it should have bugs.

It would be helpful if you tell me what the bugs are.

Posted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 5:48 am
nksouljah wrote :
thanks a lot

looks pretty good :)

edit: the gain number is kind of blurred

Thanks.. I just wanted to throw this out there and see what works and does not works. I 'll fix things up soon. ;)

Posted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 8:05 am
if you click where there were the buttons YES, NO, SONGPOS, etc...you will get an unexpected result.

Try to click somewhere in the right vertical waveform.

Posted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 8:24 am
sischo wrote :
if you click where there were the buttons YES, NO, SONGPOS, etc...you will get an unexpected result.

Try to click somewhere in the right vertical waveform.

Ok

I'll check it out, the problem was the original skin has like 3 pannels in that one small section = tons of code

May i ask why you are clicking in scratch waves area ?? there are no buttons. It's not meant to be a mouse mixing skin. Its mainly TC and secondly controllers.

I used it for a few hours yeaterday without issue.

Posted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 9:39 am
Why did I click on that area by my mouse??

Simple, because I like to find bugs and I try to do everything in order to get those :)
I have the same approach talking about VDJ.

Posted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 9:43 am
what about something like this :

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/1330/43869362.png

im missing a horizontal waveform plus the vertical like in the default skin of vdj6. using only the vertical one confuses alot because its not colored like scratch live :-S

just a FAKE to show how it could look like

Posted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 11:27 am
Thats a possibility, but why then why not use the great VDJ default skin? it's like the best of both worlds.

I was going to add ryhthm waves at the top and split them one on top of the other to give some type of peak matching, but opted to use the beat grid instead.

I dont think many people really use the beat grid but it can be just as useful as the rhythm waves themselves. With most basic dance music the beat grid needs not adjusting so if the squares match up you good to go. I mostly mix hip hop so i have made shortcuts for the beat grid. I match the beats and then set the squares. Thats all you really need to get some type of "sync" visual.

Feel the beat!

The main idea of posting this skin is to see what people like. Bugs and feedback are welcome.

Posted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 11:57 am
dj fandosPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006

fix bug added cpu range coment an traditional wave form

Posted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 3:17 pm
dj fandos wrote :

fix bug added cpu range coment an traditional wave form

is that a mock up image or did you make those changes?? The comments under the hot cues i think most can live without. Does anyone use comments that much anyways, if i did i would read it prior to loading the track, so i would not require a reminder. The CPU% is a good idea but without using it.... do you think the constant movement of it in the center is distracting?

I was originally going to use ryhthm waves just as you have shown but thought the beat grid is more "true" to the original design. Which do people like more?

send it to me if you did, thanks.

Posted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 3:34 pm
i like the one i shown most and it would save more space to still stick to the original design of ssl.
the problem with the beat grid system is that the grid doesnt match most of the hiphop tracks. youd have to adjust each beat grid to the track.
i think most of the people wont do that just to use a specific skin.

you asked why i just use the vdj6 skin then?
because i like more alot more and it has all these useful optios great work by the way!!!

Posted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 4:46 pm
Djlilfasay wrote :
i like the one i shown most and it would save more space to still stick to the original design of ssl.
the problem with the beat grid system is that the grid doesnt match most of the hiphop tracks. youd have to adjust each beat grid to the track.

because i like more alot more and it has all these useful optios great work by the way!!!

I knw what your saying but then the entire middle would have to be redone. I tried fandos version and i didnt really like the tiny ryhthm waves. They ere too small to really be of any use. I was flirting with the idea of expanding that area but to me the grid is just as effective and already fits perfectly.

Maybe you guys are just not used to setting the grid but with some easy shortcuts and 5 seconds .... your done.

I set the grid for ever song i mix and its not a bother to me. I hold my up or down arrow and it slides right into place, then a tweak and were done, it's really simple. I'll post my shortcuts later if anyone wants.

i think that offers the more "true" dj experience.

I did fix the bugs and also i added the CPU meter that fandos had in his version (thanks! dj fandos) I'll upload the fixed version later tonight.

Posted Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 9:31 am
Djlilfasay wrote :
i like the one i shown most and it would save more space to still stick to the original design of ssl and the waves are overlapping so you can see if your beat matches perfectly.

accidently qouted my own message i wanted to edit it.

added: i like the one i shown most and it would save more space to still stick to the original design of ssl and the waves are overlapping so you can see if your beat matches perfectly.

Posted Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 9:31 am
56%