Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Song exists on hard drive but VDJ keeps losing it in db... - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

funkmasterfrank wrote :
Well believe it or not I have had the similar problem for a long time too. If I don't find the song by title, I then try artist last name and 99.9% I find it. Strange that once I find it by artist last name the song title actually shows up properly in the title column. I have the 3 ID tag stuff in browser turned off. Anyone??

Funkmasterfrank

I have had the same problem numerous times. I think that because the DEV team or any of the popular moderators do not add their comments here is because they are currently working on it. At least I hope so, beacause i would rather see these minor fixes taken care of before any new features show up on future versions.

Posted Sat 25 Apr 09 @ 12:07 am
Like Timmyventura, I too have noticed that the files that go missing are from virtual folders.

I have also noticed that the ONLY files to go missing are songs that have been played directly from a virtual folder, any songs in a virtual folder that have not yet been played from that location still appear in the main search.

Try to recreate this by (1) adding a new song to a virtual folder, (2) ensure it is still searchable in the main search, may want to restart VDJ to be sure. (3) play the song from the main search. (4) check said song is still found in main search, may want to restart VDJ to be sure. (5) play the song directly from the virtual folder. (6) try finding said song in main search - I bet its gone!

If anyone else can confirm this happens please add to this tread - the more people showing this annoying problem, the more likely it will get sorted.

Posted Sat 16 May 09 @ 5:19 am
Another issue I'd likre to mention on this thread that every time I open VDJ; and this happens on three different computers and on two different ext. HD's as well, There are always several ( any where from 3 to 23) songs unscanned.(I lose the bpm and length data) Of course I rescan them, but if I close VDJ and reopen another different set of songs will show unscanned with the same loss of data. Every time I fix, check and clean the database as well. This is really annoying and I believe others have experienced this too.

And of course my other ongoing problem is once in a while I will lose an entire virtual folder, or two. Other's have mentioned this on here as well. I really, really hope these things are being looked at and fixed before a newer version comes out.

Posted Sat 16 May 09 @ 11:46 am
djcel wrote :
chriso710 wrote :
is to use the fix it utility and then rescan.

Yes, we are aware of this issue for some of you. Can you try now in this order only:
1) Press the button "Fix"
2) Press the buttons "Check" + "Clean"

In clear, each time you want to clean your database, always push the button "Fix" before.

Then tell us if it changes something or not.

Do this every time I add songs and before I rescan due to loss of data. Still NO JOY.

Posted Sat 16 May 09 @ 11:49 am
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
This happens to me as well. Get this... sometimes if artist search does not work, a title will.

And I thought this was a PCDJ RED thing. :)

Anyhow, this does need to be addressed.

This had me worried last nite. It was a special song for cake cutting and search did not work but was added to the db. Good thing it showed up in the folder where I had placed it.

Oh, and this HD is a SATA internal and via a virtual folder 'short cut' from the MP3

Posted Mon 18 May 09 @ 1:12 pm
I am sure DJCEL wrote in another thread that a 'Hidden File' is one that has been played from outside of the VDJ database.

It seems obvious that VDJ is treating virtual folders in a similar way; when a file is played from a virtual fold the piece of software that handles the database is flagging it as an 'external file' and hiding it from the main search as it believes that file is not part of the VDJ data base.

It would be nice if the VIRTUAL DJ team kept a 'news/updates' page so we all know what they are doing and if a patch is going to be available soon.

Posted Tue 19 May 09 @ 10:08 am
djgarycarter wrote :
It would be nice if the VIRTUAL DJ team kept a 'news/updates' page so we all know what they are doing and if a patch is going to be available soon.

I agree completely .... I know from personal communication that Atomix will not advertise release dates of updates or what is in them for commercial reasons, but it would be nice if they let us know which bugs or small internal improvements to the current version are being worked on / implemented.

It would possibly illeviate people asking the same questions all the time if users could just check an "in progress" list.

It'll never happen but a nice thought all the same. I just think it alienates users with the company being so secretive. People have paid for the software "as is" but it would give users a more comfortable feeling knowing improvements and curent bugs were being worked on. Restricting that information to "Pro" users wouldn't do any harm IMO.

Posted Tue 19 May 09 @ 12:40 pm
DJmgaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Is there even a list of known issues available? I don't believe I've come across one yet. If it exists, please point me to it (and I don't mean in the form of Search The Forums ;-)).

This would certainly cut down on some of the repeated posts IMO and educate users on what not to do during a live gig!

Posted Tue 19 May 09 @ 3:13 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
djgarycarter wrote :

I agree completely .... I know from personal communication that Atomix will not advertise release dates of updates or what is in them for commercial reasons, but it would be nice if they let us know which bugs or small internal improvements to the current version are being worked on / implemented.

I agree too. As a beta tester for two other "karaoke "type programs, they keep customers abreast at least to the point they know what major problems MAY get fixed in the next or any futre update, without having to reveal exact release dates. And some of those customers comment the "firm" for that and DO make mention about other companies (such as VDJ) that are SO (too) secretive

Posted Tue 19 May 09 @ 6:14 pm
djgarycarter wrote :
Like Timmyventura, I too have noticed that the files that go missing are from virtual folders.

Again, let me reiterate that my problem is NOT loss of songs in the database search, but loss of BPM/length data (need to be rescanned) in approx. 20 random songs every time I open up VDJ. And this DOES happen with three different computers and two different ext. HD's too.

Also, once in a while an entire Virtual folder is completely gone, and sometimes TWO folders disappear at once, on two different computers, one with an internal and one with an external HD.

I am restating this stuff as I know as a beta-tester elsewhere that the more information we gather about a general problem, even though they are different problems, there may be some interaction going on that may become visible to the DEV's team working on it.

i hope this helps. Thank you DEV team for listening in.

Posted Tue 19 May 09 @ 6:21 pm
Hello,

I've had VDJ for nearly a year with no problems. But, last night at a karaoke gig, BPMs vanished on most songs, virtual folders dissapeared, and all karaoke songs dissapeared from the browser. So, I rescanned BPMs and that worked. I had to add karaoke folder to database again. That worked. Now, this is very weird- in settings where it says, Database, Drive, it was blank. No drive??!! So since vdj read no drive, I couldn't check, clean, or fix. BUT, this morning I open VDJ on my laptop and EVERYTHING is normal!!!! Yes, virtual folder reappeared and Drive C reappears in settings. Somebody please!!!

Posted Sat 23 Apr 11 @ 9:23 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Please dont post to old threads.

This could happen if for a reason your HD was momentary disconnected. In case you use an external USB HD, make sure your cables are plugged correctly and properly. A powered hub for large HD is also useful. Sometimes OS automatically disables USBs devices to save power. To deactivate that operation, goto Control Panel->Hardware Manager, choose your USB generic and USB hubs, rightclick, properties, Power management .. disable the option says System can deactivate those devices to save poer (or similar). Sorry my OS is in different language.

Posted Sat 23 Apr 11 @ 11:23 am
also my folders that add as favorite disappear. Makes it hard to find any thing when all night during a gig i have to try to find each and every track.

Posted Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 7:25 pm
Did this problem ever get fixed?? I am having the same problem using version 8. Very frustrating .

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 10:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)