Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Maya 44 USB not working properly

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Graham5PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi guys,

I have bought a Maya 44 USB to use with Virtual DJ.

I have the Maya hooked up to my laptop, then the Maya's outputs hooked up to my mixer (one output for each channel). However, whichever option I seem to select from within Virtual DJ for choice of soundcard set-up, both virtual 'decks' output through the same mixer channel.

Can anyone offer me some advice as to what I am doing wrong please?

P.S. I'm not using the timecoded vinyl - I'm just using the Maya 44 USB as my soundcard so that I can have two ouputs, one for each mixer channel.

Thanks in advance.

Posted Thu 10 Feb 05 @ 6:22 pm
moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
i confirm that maya44 usb work perfect with vdj!!
first you have to install the asio driver from here:

1)http://www.audiotrak.net/support_download.htm(driver version 2.5.5)

2)in the virtual dj go in the set menu' and select the advanced configuration for audio(clic in the 8th picture starting from the top)

3)select "Maya USBaudio Asio driver" in the combo box for the audio board
and out0, out1, out2, out3 in the combo for output.

in this way you have 2 stereo output for each deck!!

Posted Thu 10 Feb 05 @ 8:07 pm
Graham5PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks so much for your help - that was the problem, my version of the driver was not the most up-to-date!

Posted Thu 10 Feb 05 @ 11:41 pm
zadeauxPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm having a similar problem - I've upgraded to the 2.5.5 drivers and selected the correct USB/ASIO soundcard in Advanced Config mode and still both desks are playing through the same outputs 0 and 1.
Any help greatly appreciated.

--Josh

Posted Fri 25 Mar 05 @ 5:05 am
paisanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Only 1 output is enabled in trial versions. To get two channels out you need to buy the full version.

Posted Fri 25 Mar 05 @ 5:17 am
Josh: please don't ask for support with your cracked version.....

Thanks

Posted Fri 25 Mar 05 @ 10:05 am
@paisan .....nice to see you crossed over so quickly......just in time
Welcome
Best Regards
Andre

Posted Fri 25 Mar 05 @ 2:57 pm
How am I supposed to evaluate a software product using the trial_version if it's not functional? Thats kind of the purpose of having trial software isn't it? I like the software, I'd like to buy it, but if it can't test out for what it says it will do, I'll go get BPM Studio. Your assumption i'm running a cracked version is incorrect. All that was necessary was a simple explination that the trial version was limited to 1 output. I hope this was not actual VirtualDJ staff that made this assumption. If it was, then I'm sure it's a reflection of the entire VirtualDJ Support and I will be more inclined to look elsewhere. I appreciate your time, but this time you have not won my business. I will go ahead and purchase VirtualDJ if someone from the VirtualDJ support system withdraws the assumption I'm breaking the law and/or apologizes for the comment, and can 100% surely say that the Maya44 USB will work using all 4 Outputs in advanced configuration.

Thanks,
Josh

Posted Fri 25 Mar 05 @ 3:18 pm
@Josh
Dude i understand what you feel and if you feel insulted that someone accuses you of using a crack version well then it shouldnt bother you then .....right?Do you have a trial?
Only you know what software is needed for yourself this is the best one for djiing.
So no appologies or withdraws just a decent explanation from a great company who cares about their users...good or bad boys
If you chose to take back what you said and join us well....Welcome
if not well ...no harm done have a great hunt c you soon you can visit anytime
Regards
Andre

Posted Fri 25 Mar 05 @ 3:35 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
+ could of done a search in the forum for Maya and got your answer or read the first three posts of this thread.

cstoll

Posted Fri 25 Mar 05 @ 4:27 pm
paisanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@andre
Ive had VDJ for a year but only recently started posting on the boards, thanks for the welcome:)

Posted Fri 25 Mar 05 @ 10:42 pm
I purchased VDJ last night, had a protection error but that was resolved quickly. Everything works great. This was the last piece to my new setup. Using two 1200's, Denon DN-X300 Mixer, Maya44 USB for VDJ desks 1 and 2, and Laptop onboard laptop sound card for loops/samples into the Aux. on the mixer. Probably find some effects program in combination with VDJ to manage my effects loop. No problems so far. I might give the ASIO/Timecode thing a try, but I'm more interested in just the 4 players.... Don't like the idea of pass-through and my laptop/maya die right in the middle of the set.. still need these 1200's to function flawlessly...

Thanks -

--Josh

Posted Sat 26 Mar 05 @ 7:37 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi zadeaux and welcome aboard.
Good mix

Posted Mon 28 Mar 05 @ 9:42 am
Amen
Welcome aboard
Best regards
Andre

Posted Tue 29 Mar 05 @ 12:32 pm
droeliHome userMember since 2005
what are the specs of the maya

Posted Tue 19 Apr 05 @ 4:31 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Wed 20 Apr 05 @ 5:30 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Quick question... Do you use the same usb port everytime? I know on my laptop if I switch usb ports windows will give it generic drivers and these drivers could cause some problems. Best thing to do first is re-install 2.5.5 drivers and follow the instructions about unplugging and plugging the maya44 in.

Posted Wed 20 Apr 05 @ 10:03 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJ Homeboy is absolutely correct on the port issue. Once you install the MAYA44, you should always use that same port.

Now, if you want to go through the headache of make sure the drivers load for each port in your system, then you could do that too.

I always use the same port.

cstoll

Posted Wed 20 Apr 05 @ 5:53 pm
JAWSHome userMember since 2005
tnks

Posted Thu 21 Apr 05 @ 7:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)