Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: No BPM's displayed in newly installed VDJ...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

WertzHome userMember since 2004
Hi,

After a major OS failure last week I've been forced to reformat and reinstall all my programs.
Just got round to installing and updating VDJ tis morning and when I open it to use it I find that it's not displaying the BPM figures at all. The BPMs are still changing when I alter the pitch or speed with the DJconsole but if I can't see what the BPM is how can I mix?
Automix sems to be working fine so it looks like it's just something missing from the VDJ files someplace.
I've not yet analysed and built a database yet (still got a load of audio to upload to the new OS first) so could this be the problem?
Using v1.09 DJconsole edition.
Oh another thing; I've had to remove a stick of bad RAM, reducing my memory from 768->256. Could this have something to do with it?

Any help is much appreciated since the s/w is unusable in it's current state...

Posted Sun 06 Feb 05 @ 5:15 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
It's time to ask yourself.
Did you backup the "virtualdj internal database" file before the disaster ?
all bpm and user informations were there.

Posted Sun 06 Feb 05 @ 7:36 pm
No, no back ups of program, or the database files, only music. But that shouldn't be much to do with it right?
I mean when I drag any song onto the turntable it should analyse it and then display the BPM. It doesn't. Nothing displays for gain either. I'm not talking about the BPM associated with a music file after it's been played...

Posted Sun 06 Feb 05 @ 9:56 pm
So, can anyone in Tech Support actually help me with this problem?

Once again, NO BPM figure is displayed when a track is loaded onto either deck. I've tried it from different music file formats and direct from CD and still nothing...

Posted Mon 07 Feb 05 @ 8:04 pm
Ok try this
Go to vdj program files and remove the XML database folder ....now go to program and load a song!Loading the first song will create a new folder
Andre

Posted Tue 08 Feb 05 @ 9:03 am
OK I don't know why that worked ,as the file was empty, but it did so thanks. I'll post back if it f***s up again...

Posted Tue 08 Feb 05 @ 6:41 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well probably the empty file was the problem ;) By deleting it, it created a new one with fresh content from first loaded track.. It's a small bug. And it should work fine from now on.

Posted Tue 08 Feb 05 @ 11:05 pm
And like Apopsis said back up XMLdatabase folder in the future
Andre

Posted Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 10:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)