Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: bpm's why do some come out way off??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I only just purchased VDJ2.06 i have found though that when trying to find the bpm's for some songs that it comes out with some ridiculous number ie: push up by freestylers is 67 bpm! I don't think so!! Is there a reason this is happening to some of my songs?

Posted Wed 26 Jan 05 @ 12:28 pm
ivarPRO InfinityMember since 2004
have you tried to change youre bpm settings, if not

go to SET in vdj skin, then go to "fame settings" and there change your bmp settings
i mostly set it to techno/hiphop

ivar

Posted Wed 26 Jan 05 @ 12:53 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Songs with irregular hip hop style beats are often shown exactly 50% off. Add 50% or subtract 50% from the tempo and see if that puts it right.

It's just a result of software bpm not working properly. It doesn't work fully on *any* software I've used. Unfortunately, you are going to have to roll up your sleeves and edit the CBGs for most hip hop as well as some breakbeat, in my experience.

Posted Wed 26 Jan 05 @ 7:04 pm
Just right clik on the bpm of the song and manually tap to correct
Do not forget to copy your xml database files to another folder just in case you end up with a corrupt file.This way you wont loose the work your doing bpms,cues,comments...etc
Andre

Posted Wed 26 Jan 05 @ 7:16 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
for now bpm detection in vdj is not very good

Posted Wed 26 Jan 05 @ 10:24 pm
It takes a lot of work but, especially for hip hop, you can find the correct bpm for all your tracks. This is something that the DEV team needs to address. Im sure they know it.

In the mean time, for tracks that are wrong go here:

http://www.pyramidedata.dk/autobpm.html

and download the AUTOBPM program. As many peeps here will confirm, this program is VERY accurate. Remember, to find out how accurate a BPM is, just create a 4 or 8 beat loop from the first beat on the track. If the loop is right on, then your bpm is too.

The only thing about this program is that it finds the BPM, but does not do batch processing (a group of tracks) at a time. It will only do one by one and will only display the BPM so you will have to input the data manually into VDJ. You will have to specify the range of BPM that the track has (ie: 50-100, 75-750, etc.).

What I do is run this program and drag it to the very top of my screen. I then open up VDJ and drag it down a little so that the BPM of the AUTOBPM program can be seen. Play a track that you know to have the wrong BPM in VDJ and select the proper BPM range in autobpm. Just wait and autobpm will automatically figure the correct BPM on the fly. It is more accurate than any other program I have tried.

Edit the BPM in VDJ and enter the correct one. Tapping the bpm in VDJ also works but can take a while. This program is faster. It works by analyzing the sound from your soundcard.

Important: If the autobpm program does nothing when you play a track, the way to fix it is to run a cable from the outpout of your mixer (or from one your soundcard's outputs) to the input of your mixer. I had this problem and finally figured it out. I have a Delta66 and had to go from my mixer's aux out (make sure the volume is up a bit) to the #1 input of my mixer. That fixed it.

Its a lot of work so make sure you back up the VirtualDJ Database.xml (as DJ Andre Landry said) just in case it gets corrupted or you will have to start all over again!

If you have any questions just ask.

Killabee44

Posted Wed 26 Jan 05 @ 11:46 pm
Ashy69Home userMember since 2003
Hello hope you reply for this one since the last post was in jan, anyway i am trying to move my party special folder form my laptop to my external drive so i could play those songs with my bpm edited and cue's could this be done with out losing all the work i have done??

note : the folder is is 7592 files.

your help is really appreciated

Dj Ashy Bennani

Dj console + VDJ updated + Laptop

Posted Mon 25 Apr 05 @ 1:27 pm
Well ive been busy with the radio recently but here it goes!
Welcome Ashy 69
If you want help from this forum you should first purchase the full program,you should not do a gig with a bad version ,you never know what could happen.So if your serious bout djinng go to http://www.virtualdj.com/purchase/ then you can analyse all your music and i will even show you how to save your info!
Andre

Posted Sun 01 May 05 @ 5:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)