Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Change the color and font size of DN HC 4500 skin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I Have the HC 4500 skin, I would like to change the color of the font to white, also would like to change the font size. I need someone to walk me through how to do this.. Thanks Bob

Posted Wed 24 Sep 08 @ 6:53 pm
Okay that's very simple. Just go to the Virtual DJ folder under skins you find the hc4500.zip file.
Just unzip the file and edit the xml file with an editor. Search for

Browser
<browser>
<size width="1390" height="386"></size>
<pos x="45" y="504"></pos>
<text font="Tahoma" size="13" weight="bold" color="#808080" selected="#000080" stripes="#181818"></text>
<options font="Verdana" size="13" color="#C0C0C0" over="#C00000"></options>
<widgets font="Verdana" size="12" color="#FFFFFF" facecolor="#3B3B3B" lightcolor="#4C4C4C" shadowcolor="#4C4C4C" darkshadowcolor="transparent" highlightcolor="transparent" trackcolor1="transparent" trackcolor2="transparent"></widgets>
<customicons x="617" y="1183"></customicons>
<custombuttons x="2" y="1183"></custombuttons>
</browser>

Edit to:
<text font="Tahoma" size="13" weight="bold" color="#FFFFFF" selected="#000080" stripes="#181818"></text>

Now the font-color is white. Edit the size for a larger font. Now You can test it in VDJ, when it works zip the xml-file and the bmp file and have fun.

Posted Thu 25 Sep 08 @ 4:23 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Thu 25 Sep 08 @ 5:46 am
DJ Elliot
I don't want to sound totally dumb, but I am not a computer expert like many of the people here are.

I was hoping you can explain how to do this in easier terms/words (more explanation regarding zip & unzip and have no idea what you mean when you say edit the xml file with an editor).

Can you give me more instructions? I don't know how to re-zip the files either.
So sorry for my small amount of knowledge. I REALLY appreciate your help on this, thanks so much!

Posted Thu 25 Sep 08 @ 7:21 am
To rezip files, all you need to do is select serveral files in the windows explorer, then rightclick on one of the files, select "Send to" and then click on "compressed archive".

Posted Thu 25 Sep 08 @ 10:38 am
I did the rezip and it worked....thanks

I still need to know what the (editor) is? or what I should use to edit xml file...

Posted Thu 25 Sep 08 @ 7:29 pm
fer14PRO InfinityMember since 2007
edit in wordpad

Posted Thu 25 Sep 08 @ 10:03 pm
ok.. I will try it....thanks

Posted Fri 26 Sep 08 @ 2:40 am
I copyed to wordpad made the change...now how do I get it back into the file...It would not let me paste..I think I may be doing something wrong...

Posted Fri 26 Sep 08 @ 3:17 am
Okay Bob, no problem. When you have unzipped the HC4500.zip just rightclick on the xml-file and chose "open with" and select "Editor". Now you can make the changes and save the file. After that zip the xml-file and the bmp-file.

Posted Sat 27 Sep 08 @ 7:22 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
this may help you

Posted Sat 27 Sep 08 @ 8:28 am
Did you use Camtasia Studio for that video?

Posted Sat 27 Sep 08 @ 8:40 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
yeah, except it loses all of it's quality going through you tube, tried everything on other tutorials to up the quality but youtube just screws it up.

Posted Sat 27 Sep 08 @ 1:03 pm
hi i am a dj for the caribbean and i would some to hook me up with the denon dn hc 4500 skin for virtual dj skin 6. I've been using virtual dj since at the age of 15 and i would like some help. If anyone is willg to help please email this skin to my email account ***@**.**. thanks for your help in advance it will help me go a long way

No License Users aren't allowed to post their email address on the forum.

Posted Mon 15 Jun 09 @ 11:54 am
oi eu estou com dificuldade faser mixagem se alguem poder manda alguma dicas pra mim vou ser muito grato mais tmb poder manda algumas musicas mixadas tmb vou fica agradecido

Posted Sat 27 Nov 10 @ 5:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)