Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Intel Atom Processor, Powerful enough for VDJ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys,
with the introduction of these new ultra small 9inch 'web books' has seen the new intel Atom processor. 1.6ghz or 1.8ghz is the current max (not sure if they're solos or duos) but they all support up to 2GB ram and SATA hard drives with XP or Vista. My plan is to max one out with the ram and swapping the hard drive with a 500gb internal, but having never used one I don't know if it will be able to handle virtual DJ. Ive tried to speak to intel as well as brand manufacturers such as HP but they can't be definate. Has ne1 tried VDJ on these new devices? I know the Vaio TZ series can run it but they use core duo processors and are out of my budget. I'm gna put a ticket in but as keen as I am, ne help would be much appreciated.

Posted Fri 19 Sep 08 @ 3:45 am
these computers aren't really made for anything but simple task's and web browsing...

Posted Fri 19 Sep 08 @ 4:36 am
thanks, i understand this but i have ran virtual dj (pc version) on relatively low spec pcs (celerons etc) in the past and because of the potential ram and what i have gathered I am hoping it will be capable. maybe its just wishful thinking.

Posted Fri 19 Sep 08 @ 6:00 am
i had a computer with 1 gb ram.. and it worked like a charm. it shud work for u

Posted Fri 19 Sep 08 @ 2:54 pm
thanks a lot. my plan is to put max out the ram. what model did u use?

Posted Fri 19 Sep 08 @ 10:46 pm
Hi guys, just to let you know i purchased the acer aspire one 8.9inch 1.6ghz intel atom 1.5gb ram 120gb hd and is running VDJ very quickly. ive kept xp apose to putting vista and for £300 im luving! im gonna be the envy of urban clubland in london trust!

Posted Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 10:06 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
sneakydj wrote :
. ive kept xp apose to putting vista

I wouldn't put Vista on it too, with the low CPU speed and Ram, Stick with XP :)

Posted Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 10:09 am
thats awsome news, was gonna look into this myself. are you using an external hdd or have you got it all on the internal? are you using your controller?

Would love to see this in action :)

Posted Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 9:55 am
benzit0Home userMember since 2008
Hi guys, just to let you know i purchased the acer aspire one 8.9inch 1.6ghz intel atom 1.5gb ram 120gb hd and is running VDJ very quickly. ive kept xp apose to putting vista and for £300 im luving! im gonna be the envy of urban clubland in london trust!

nice! i was looking at one yesterday, in fact...

Posted Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 7:04 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It will also depend on what you are wanting to run - video and decent master tempo might be pushing it I reckon...

Posted Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 7:59 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
SBDJ wrote :
It will also depend on what you are wanting to run - video and decent master tempo might be pushing it I reckon...

LMAO!!!!!!!

Just abit Scott.

Posted Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 8:30 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Just don't want people seeing this, seeing a 1.6GHz CPU and expecting it to perform like a Pentium-M 1.6GHz or Core2Solo 1.6GHz ;)

Posted Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 8:38 pm
well i was thinkin of replacing the 120gb with a 500gb but at the moment im using an external 250gb. video would never wrk lol. ive taken off all the visual 'frills' from xp and im going to follow the xp tweaks soon. im not using the hercules either. ive got shortcuts i made and some very small colour co-ordinated stickers lol.

Posted Tue 23 Sep 08 @ 6:38 am
how to run virtual dj 8 on windows XP sp3?

Posted Mon 21 Sep 15 @ 9:52 am
TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Keyhanbati wrote :

Can you not update operating system, XP is no longer supported by Microsoft

Posted Mon 21 Sep 15 @ 11:40 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Keyhanbati wrote :

should work so far. But please keep in mind that XP is the absolute minimum requirement.
It is just a question of time until you possibly run into issues if there are changes that
your OS will not support.
Personally i would recommend at least Win7.

Posted Mon 21 Sep 15 @ 3:12 pm
VDJ 8 runs fine on XP. I still have XP on two laptops, one of which is the computer I take to gigs.

Posted Mon 21 Sep 15 @ 8:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)