Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: FIRE WIRE PROBLEMS.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have been playing with VDJ for over a year at various clubs in miami, I love the program but I believe it has a problem with firewire sound cards. I have tried 3 M-audio fire-wire cards as inputs for my time coded vinyls but they all stop working after a couple of minutes. This started happening when I got myself a new laptop and had to buy a pcmcia firewire adapter for my laptop. with every other program the sound cards work except for vdj. can any one help me? I also use a usb M-audio card that works like a charm (M-audio DUO).

Posted Sat 22 Jan 05 @ 2:53 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
You said:
"This started happening when I got myself a new laptop and had to buy a pcmcia firewire adapter for my laptop"

1.Check your laptop for Irq sharing problems and also the pcmcia card.
2.Try to disable your on-board Lan card (if available)
Fireware are indeed network cards too, it's possible to have a conflig with your Lan card.

Posted Sat 22 Jan 05 @ 3:51 am
Hi,

I use an M-Audio Firewire 410 sound card with my Dell 500M laptop with a PCMCIA firewire 800 soundcard. When I use it at home it seems to work fine but when I take the card anywhere else it seems to work for a few seconds and then all of a sudden cut out stopping the music. I can't seem to work out what the problem is but what ive noticed is that when it happens I can hear a high pitched sound coming from the PCMCIA card/slot. I really want to get to the bottom of this. Is that whats happening with you?

Posted Tue 25 Jan 05 @ 6:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)