Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: MIDI map does not work the same as keyboard map

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Tried mapping EFFECT-Activate[effect name] using a keyboard shortcut, works great.

Same thing for a MIDI note (from a M-audio midi trigger finger) and it brings up the effect, but doesn't activate it.

Can anyone confirm this?

Posted Sat 13 Sep 08 @ 1:38 am
Anyone?

Posted Sun 14 Sep 08 @ 8:48 am
Hi

This is the Midi shortcut i use for activating/deactivating the effects.

Midi --> Effects --> Effect_activate

I´m using the Korg Zero 4 for midi. Can´t try the shortcut you mentioned to see if this works for me because i´m currently not at home.

Posted Sun 14 Sep 08 @ 9:44 am
Thats the same one I used. I mapped the effect name, works great with a keyboard shortcut as it turns the effect on then off if I hit the keyboard shortcut again.

In the midi map, it won't turn the effect on. I have to map EFFECT-Select and EFFECT-Activate (with a 1 in the field) to turn it on. But, then I need to map another midi button to turn it off. I don't like the way that works.

Still don't see why it works witha keyboard shortcut but not with a midi note.

Posted Mon 15 Sep 08 @ 9:35 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've tested the effect_activate with brake plug-in, VDJ 5.1, and it works as it should.

Which version and plug-in have you used? Try with another plug-in and check if you
haven't misspelled the plug-in's name.

Posted Wed 17 Sep 08 @ 12:30 am
v5.2.1 I made a new map. effect_activate mapped to midi NOTE 44 on my m-audio with a value set to brake. I press the pad 44 and the brake shows up on the effects screen, but it does not activate. So it half works...

Posted Wed 17 Sep 08 @ 6:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)