Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: OK, Now I have a question......(solved)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I am using my RMX with a Xenyx802 mixer(<-link) running into the mic input to attempt to add more mic channels. Even when the mains on the Xenyx are turned off I get a hum through the RMX/sound, it sounds like a ground loop. Here is the rub..the Xenyx has no ground plug....ideas? thought? I would like to use the mixer and add additional mics....so I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this...T

Posted Fri 12 Sep 08 @ 3:16 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi terry, I'm using one of those xenyx series.. xenyx1832fx mixer. Just curious.. but u can use the output from the rmx into line in on one of the channel, then using the output of that mixer to ur amp. This way u can get extra mics too.

Posted Fri 12 Sep 08 @ 3:35 pm
I thought about that Spinna, I really did. I use powered Mackie speakers, and figured the convenience of controlling everything from the RMX would be easier. Once I get my mics dialed in I rarely have to tweek them. My set up is as follows. out of the RMX into a Behringer FBQ1502 EQ from there I run into an Aphex Aural Exciter, and from that into my SRM450s, or 350s depending on the size of the crowd/room. I also run a Peavey Impulse 115P sub, or a JBL12' powered sub.

I might configure the set up the way you describe...just wanted to try it the other way first...

Posted Fri 12 Sep 08 @ 3:43 pm
U can also use ur exciter to the aux/return.. In this way u can set the master level n then adjust it in the fx knob in each channel.

From the output of ur mixer u can go to the behringer eq.. (hehe i have this but mine is the fbq3102) then from there to anywhere u may wish too..:P

Hope this helps;)

Posted Fri 12 Sep 08 @ 4:14 pm
Love the Behringer EQs....that dedicated output for the sub is awesome....too bad their DJ gear was not up too par with their sound gear...

Posted Fri 12 Sep 08 @ 4:20 pm
On the side note, i feel that xenyx is good for its warmer sound. Much like it from my mackie n yamaha;) Thanks to its british eq.

Posted Fri 12 Sep 08 @ 4:20 pm
yup totally agree with u;)

Stay away from behringer dj product.. most of it is not so good.

And like i said before behringer audio components units n sound mixer is not bad.

Posted Fri 12 Sep 08 @ 4:22 pm
OK..fixed...it was a bad cable..I tried a different 1/4 cable and the hum dis-appeared,......

Posted Fri 12 Sep 08 @ 6:02 pm
Glad u have it sorted;)

Posted Fri 12 Sep 08 @ 6:04 pm
TearEmUp wrote :
OK..fixed...it was a bad cable..I tried a different 1/4 cable and the hum dis-appeared,......

I was actually looking for this post from one of you before I spoke up, hehe.

Posted Sun 14 Sep 08 @ 9:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)