Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Have PC version, need Mac

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dixongeHome userMember since 2008
I just bought a used Hercules DJ Console MK2 which came with the Traktor 3 LE and Virtual DJ software. The Virtual DJ CD appears to have only a PC version on it. Any idea how I would go about getting a Mac version? The Hercules online Support seems to be minimal...

Posted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 11:21 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi there dixonge,

Im sorry to hear that u have bought the used herc mk2, if not u be able to buy VDJ pro with a discount if u have a new set and the serial is not being used. The great way to get the mac version is to purchase it here straight to pro;)

Other way is to get either the Full Cue or Numark Virtual Vinyl.

Or U could get a brand new (not used) the limited edition / djc edtion..

a. The new Herc console series that came with the v4.3 djc mac.
b. Numark total control etc and get the cue le.
c. Hercules Rmx console and get vdj le.

But the best way is to just make a purchase straight to VDJ pro;)

http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Hope to see u with us soon;)

Posted Fri 12 Sep 08 @ 1:43 am
Hi I need some info urgently. Is there a Mac version of Virtual DJ Home? I bought a copy last night - the Apple logo is quite clearly displayed on the purchase page; but on completion could only download the Windows app (exe). I have sent in a query to the sales guys at Atomix and am waiting for their reply - I just thought someone in the forum may already have an answer for me. Thanks

Posted Fri 12 Sep 08 @ 11:28 am
Hi markstarbuck...pls read my post above on the limited/mac djc edition;)

Posted Fri 12 Sep 08 @ 12:11 pm
Thanks Spinna

So in fact there is no Mac version of VDJ Home/Light. OK - I looked as carefully as I could and could not find any reference to Operating Sys requirements; I also noted both the Windows and the Apple Icons on the Purchase page of Home Edition and made the assumption that means something. Unfortunately there is no Mac Trial of either the Pro or the Home so you just have to go ahead in good faith and purchase. Pity.

Posted Fri 12 Sep 08 @ 12:56 pm
A mac trial will be available if its ready. Anyway dun feel bad, u can opted n purchase pro with a discount in the future which give u access to both mac n pc version;)

Regards;)

Posted Fri 12 Sep 08 @ 1:15 pm
True - that's the Philosophical approach. But its does seem a little unfair. Here's the deal - I have just forked out $50 ... not a fortune, but still its money. If I want to get this app to work I have to buy Parrallels or Fusion (another $80 bucks) and then to add insult to injury if I go to the upgrade page I see that I can get $20 dollars discount off the Pro price ... what happened to the other $30. Anyway its not your problem - but I am feeling a little ripped off. Cya

Posted Fri 12 Sep 08 @ 1:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)