Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCV - time code quality stays at 0%

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

yvesmkPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Trying to get the timecoded vinyl to work, I followed the guidelines from the online manual at
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/timecode/

But never the less the timecode quality stays at 0% in the timecode config screen.
And when pitch on the turntable = 0
pitch in VDJ deck shows -4.8%

I am using a MAYA44 USB, have the ground from my turntable wired to the chassis of my PC....
BTW I am using the SYNQ timecoded vinyl, should be compatible with VDJ, since the VDJ timecodes are still not on store..... was forced to do something.

Any clues?

Thx.

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 10:59 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 12:01 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
My mixvibes vinyls also give 0% and via versa.
They are just different timecodes.
It's normal.

Posted Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 2:33 am
yvesmkPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Oh sh...., They fooled me.
Well it was worth a try, pitty of the money.

But can't VDJ make it possible to work with several TCV?

It see that some other digital DJ apps are quiet capable of doing this.

Would be nice, and would attract some people to VDJ, whom are now using other apps...

Posted Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 9:24 am
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Also the pitch on vdj is different to the pitch on your turntable so it wont read the same anyway

Posted Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 5:47 pm
The same thing happens to me when ime using VDJ timecoded vinyls. I am using a m-audio Asio interface and when i switch to the timecoded vinyl the song drops in bpm by about 10 bpm, and i cant seem to figure out what is causeing this problem. I also cannot get the vinyls to change to 100% it just fluctuates from like 0 to 13 to 56 to 0 and on and on to diffrent numbers. It never stays stagnant or reaches 100. Could somebody please tell me what is going on, could the absence of grounding wires cause this problem, i dont see how they could but.....?

Posted Mon 21 Mar 05 @ 8:20 pm
@neptunekiev ...what version are you using?

Posted Mon 21 Mar 05 @ 9:05 pm
ime using my friends computer currently with my tables cause i lack a computer fast enough to run the program, ime not at his house, but i beleive he has 2.02.

Posted Tue 22 Mar 05 @ 12:23 am
2.02 with TCV?

Posted Tue 22 Mar 05 @ 1:38 pm
The TCV work with VDJ since 2.01 but for better result, we recommand to use it with the last version 2.06

Coyote

Posted Tue 22 Mar 05 @ 4:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)