Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Anyone running an IMAC?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Sup Kids,
I am looking to buy a new Imac, 24 inch screen with 4 gigs of ram and the Nvida card.
Does anyone run this rig? Anyone know of a hardcase for it that doesn't cost $500+?
I am DL 5.2 tonight, has anyone got the tccds to work with anything besideds the V V box?
We have been patiently waiting for a long time. I am looking to put together the ultimate video rig.
-T
myspace.com/TerryMoran

Posted Fri 05 Sep 08 @ 3:08 pm
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I can only answer one of your questions... for timecode, the only interfaces that work on 5.2 is the VV box and the Hercules RMX. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Keep us updated on the how the iMac works for you set up. I'd be interested in creating the ultimate video rig, too.

Posted Sat 06 Sep 08 @ 2:55 pm
aaronxHome userMember since 2007
I've considered getting a iMac. from what i've heard you have to be careful with it and also mind the keyboard and mouse cuz you'll put alot of extra wear on them moving them alot. but since i don't play at a club and if i ever did it wouldn't be that often i'm not to concerned about this.

as far as the hard case, i take it you don't like the iLugger which is a softcase?
i don't know of any cheap hardcases but i was planning on builing one myself if i ever got a gig somewhere. if you are handy you can buy all the hardware and make one to fit exactly what you need.

Posted Sun 07 Sep 08 @ 2:30 pm
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thanks for the info on the iLugger. It seems to be a less expensive alternative to the hard case. I have an iMac for the home computer. I think I may have to look at this option a little closer now.

Posted Tue 09 Sep 08 @ 1:32 am
imacaluPRO InfinityMember since 2008
have a look at timbag: http://www.timbag.net/timbagforimac.php
No upside down packing like ilugger.
i got one for my 20 inch imac and i love it.

transporting my imac once a week in it. No problem at all.
the setup of a discobar is awesome with macs, admiration garanteed :-)

the only thing i miss is a professional looking 1680x1050 skin for VDJ :-(
It's a pitty VDJ is not able to make a clean looking and flexible skin like traktor and serato.
Till now i didn't find any VDJ skin that didn't look cheap on full screen.

Posted Tue 16 Sep 08 @ 4:56 pm
Imacalu,
Thx for the info on that bag. I hope they ship to the USA. I have 2 video shows coming up in Oct, so hopefully I will have the new setup with my RMX working like a charm. I will keep you updated.
-T
www.Myspace.com/TerryMoran

Posted Wed 17 Sep 08 @ 9:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)