Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: External Drive Question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

snmtazzPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Does an external drive make a difference on your CPU when running VDJ? Which is better external drive or just a big hard drive?

DJ Matt
Macbook 2.4 320Gb HD 4GB Ram

Posted Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 10:28 pm
Matt,
I use VDJ both on my MAC and PC for video mix shows. I have used 2 external HDs at once on the PC, with no troubles. They were 500G and 1TB drives. Take advantage of the firewire port on the macs and use that connection, as it is the fastest.
Good Luck,
-T
myspace.com/TerryMoran

Posted Fri 05 Sep 08 @ 1:01 pm
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I run mine through the firewire, too. Keeps the USB ports free four sound cards and external controllers.

Posted Sat 06 Sep 08 @ 2:57 pm
Hi, I'm trying to run VDJ from my Mac (Version 5.2) but run into long loading times. Each song takes about 5-15 seconds to load from the external drive (formated in NFTS). Any suggestions on how to get songs to load quicker from an external drive on the Mac? Thanks

Posted Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 11:45 am
snmtazzPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Thats what I was worried about! Is this common? Need help guys!

Posted Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 2:46 pm
in my macbook thru USB or Firewire, (I Run XP and Leopard), A Video (full quality) is ready to play as soon as I load it, to cache the full video in the window, takes about 4 seconds, but again, in both operational systems, videos are ready to play instantaniously

Posted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 1:54 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Nice set up there mauvelez:)

Posted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 2:11 pm
Any idea on why it takes so long to load on mine? My external drives are formated NTFS. Work great in Vista (0 wait time) but not in Mac. Thanks

Posted Fri 12 Sep 08 @ 9:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)