Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Why?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

deivyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What's up everyone? Well, I'm having ussues with vdj program.
(1st) At the beginning went I open the program and I start scrashing fast on any desk could be A or B don't matter and there's another song playing at the opposite desk. the program just freezes and I can still hear the scrashing and the song playing " it's just like if it was looped". After a few seconds no more than 10 sec, the program window closes by itself and it leave me looking at my desktop. So, I've to re-open the program again.
(2sd) One more thing that happend to me at the club was that the program frozed but the music kept playing normally, no body notice it and a window came up saying that "a fatal error occur" and asked me what I wanted to do "shut down Or Recover" of course I pressed recover but the system felt to just shut down. I was lucky to wait until the song was over, so I played a back up cd I had standing by.
Could it be to much music in my drive I on ly have 1 thousand +
all it could be running out of space I still have 42 Gb available.
So what could be the problem?
this my computer info.

PROCESSOR AMD Athlon XP-M 2400+ / 1.8 GHz
Data Bus Speed 266 MHz
CACHE MEMORY
Type L2 cache
Installed Size 512 KB
RAM
Installed Size 512 MB
Technology DDR SDRAM - 266 MHz
Memory Specification Compliance PC2100
STORAGE
Storage Controller IDE
Hard Drive 60 GB
OPTICAL STORAGE
Type CD-RW / DVD-ROM combo - integrated
Read Speed 24x (CD) / 8x (DVD)
Write Speed 24x
Rewrite Speed 10x
DISPLAY
Display Type 15.4" TFT active matrix
Max Resolution 1280 x 800
VIDEO
Graphics Processor / Vendor ATI MOBILITY RADEON - AGP
Video Memory 64 MB
AUDIO
Audio Output Sound card
Compliant Standards AC '97

Input Device(s)
Type Keyboard, touchpad

Telecom
Modem Fax / modem
Max Transfer Rate 56 Kbps
Protocols & Specifications ITU V.92

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 11:49 am
Can you check the #1 cause for such problems...
Does your soundcard share IRQ ? and most importantly, does it share with GRAPHIC CARD or LAN?

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 2:57 pm
I really don't know what exacly the reason is, but I think it is because of hard scrashing. Not 100% sure I'll like to know and I guess my soundcard does share IRQ but don't really know which nunber of IRQ. perhaps, the one for my internet connection. If you know how I could find out please let me know.
ohh. Another thing happened today. I had a song playing with the Master tempo ON in Desk A. In Desk B I was playing and stopping, playing and stopping and so on. All of the suddenly, the volume in Desk A went down by itself. I thought it have to do something with the Skin, I switched skin and the problem still persisting.
my last option is reboot but I'm getting there.
What can I do?
Thanks.

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 6:02 pm
What effects do you have loaded? The reason I am asking this is because I had some effects turn themselves on without me doing anything. One example, I had a song playing and had the loop out effect loaded from the last time I used the program. In the middle of a song, all of the sudden, that effect came on. Could that be the problem? I have a computer that is slower (AMD Athlon XP-m 2000+) and has less space available (17 gigs free on a 40 gig hd) and haven had any problem.

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 6:35 pm
The loop out function does this if you dont let the loop sequence terminate completely .....
the next song will be affected
ex if you loop out at .5 beat-16 beats-align to beat-next!!! if you push stop b4 the loop sequence is done the loop out function will stay on.
If you load a song that is not pre analysed once the song is completed loaded the sound level will change and will be set to 0db auto
Also if you have the setting on match (it will do the same)
You may disable this function in config-fame-auto gain
Andre

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 7:49 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Are you trying to scratch while a song is being loaded into VDJ? That causes problems for me on my machine. As long as I don't try to scratch or do too many effects while my cpu is maxed from loading a song, I have no problems.

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 9:09 pm
Yeah, that's the problem not waiting until the song its complictly load it and start scrashing, but why I still have problem went I'm scrashing in deck B while deck A its playing with beat-lock active. The volume just goes down in deck A. how come this keeps happening?

Posted Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 6:09 am
hi everyone.
I made a couple of changes to improve the quality of vdj and I want to know what you guys think.
1) I hide all my desktop icons before opening vdj.
2) I right clicked on vdj Icons and went to properties, then I went to compatibility and for my surprise I foundout that it was running with windows 95, so I chose windows 98/ windows me, because they're the closes one related to windows xp home ed the one I have now.
How can I findout if my hard drive is running in DMA mode?
and HT Technology it's something I shouldn't be worry about since AMD does not use HT Technology in their processors? AM I correct?
Thank you...

Posted Sun 23 Jan 05 @ 10:27 pm
I think you would be much better off running windows xp or 2000. Just a thought.

About DMA mode:

"You can check or change your settings by opening Device Manager (right-click on My
Computer, select “Properties”, then select the “Hardware” tab and click “Device
Manager”. Expand the list by clicking on the plus sign next to “IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers”
and right-click on “Primary Controller”. Select “Properties”, then go to the “Advanced
Settings” tab. Transfer mode should be set to “DMA if available” (not PIO) and Device
Type to “Auto Detection”. Repeat for “Secondary Controller”.

Those instructions are for xp or 2000 though.

Killabee44

Posted Mon 24 Jan 05 @ 5:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)