Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: please help newbie!!!!!!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

corksHome userMember since 2005
Great forum guys!!!

I'd like to purchase VDJ but dont have a credit card and I am not on the Net. Will not being on the net hinder me for upgrades, or is there other ways to get the upgrades. I am from Melbourne Australia, is ther anywhere i can purchase 2.06 from the box or can i download from other pc from home and put on my machine??

Also noted that there is no pre listening on the trial version which is a bit of a bummer, but ive seen enough to convince me to buy anyhow.

Could anyone advise me on a soundcard suitable to be plugged into a club system and also work with a home system? (amp, woofer four speakers)

I have come down to the m-audio firewire 440 and the maya (unsure of the pro's and cons of the different maya models) Please advise me on which way I should go and why

Your help will be appreciated

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 5:39 am
hi there...

There are several payment options, and you dont have to have a credit card. As long as you have a bank account, you can also pay by check or by wire.

The upgrades are downloaded from this website, so they are only available online. But you can download them at a friends house, at work, at an internet cafe etc, and burn it to a disk, and then bring home... if you dont have internet at at home. So, yes.. you can download from other machine, and then install on your PC.

Virtual DJ will support almost any soundcard, and most modern soundcard will do fine in a club and home enviroment. Such card could be Soundblaster (usb/pci), Hercules DJ console (soundcard + controller).
Getting cards as M-Audio and Maya will give you ASIO support, that is giving you less latency when using timecode vinyls/Cd's. If are not going to go for timecode use, getting a more standard but good soundcard might be enough. I use the Hercules soundcard at my gigs.. and the sound is more than good enough for a club enviroment :)

As of the M-Audio vs Maya, I dont know much.... Maybe others can tell?
I only know that the Maya USB card is recommended from the Dev Team, for timecode use, and should work very well with that setup.

Hope that helps :)

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 2:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)