Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: About mapping of Total Control + VDJ 5.2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey girls, hey boys,

After browsing the whole forum, I still have a question about Numark Total Control + VDJ Pro 5.2.
I downloaded Moramax' mapper (thank you very much for this, Moramax !!!) but I don't know if I use it well.
Does the tool allow to remap the keys from the Total Control, or does it "only" provide an alternative mapping (Scratch or Load + other buttons) which can not be edited ?

Some posts talk about a "ready-to-use" XML config file, I guess it is about a new mapping "from scratch" of Total Control as a generic MIDI device. I started to map mine this way, but this is pretty hard to do. And it seems that there is no way to control LEDs and keys backlight (very annoying, not possible to see wether an effect / sample / loop is active or not...)

So my (silly) question is : is there any way to remap Total Control buttons ?
I like 80% of Moramax' mapping through its mapper... but I would like to customize the other 20% =)
Else, do you know if native remapping of Total Control through a future version of VDJ, is planned ?

Thank you in advance to you all !

Posted Sat 30 Aug 08 @ 3:18 pm
Seconded...

All I want is for the total control to be exactly the same, except the sync buttons would instead turn the timecode control for each deck on or off.

Posted Mon 01 Sep 08 @ 5:11 pm
i agree too

When VDJ 5.2 came out, it has to many problems, ~It Locks up, Videos Dont play, video Record NOT working at all, and many more problems, i found that v5 rev6 works the best with audio and videos with total control controller.

Even though there is a native total control mapper in v5.2 it does not work properly? Why not? later versions should work better?

Come on DEVs Team, Help all the Total control Numark People, because it Came with Vdj (CUE) sofware in the first place.

HELP NEEDED VERY SOON PLEASE.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 08 @ 11:35 pm
bump...

I just ordered a Numark Total Control.

It would be nice to see all of the bugs worked out before I install mine...

Posted Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 8:57 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Out of the box and running VDJ/CUE the Total Control is a very capable unit. I have had mine over a year and mixed hundreds of hours with it. If you are not happy with the native mapping there is a mapper available in the download section.....

Posted Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 10:22 pm
What's the difference between the the native map and the downloadable one?

Posted Thu 04 Sep 08 @ 12:43 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Thu 04 Sep 08 @ 1:49 am
Thank Cioce but in fact it does not solve the problematic described in the first post of the topic : I know that Moramax' mapper gives an alternate keymap but as far as I know it does not allow to customize this mapping... or maybe I missed the relevant section in the user guide ?

Posted Sun 14 Sep 08 @ 5:28 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
For the mapping of the MIDI IN I don't think is complicated but to control LEDs and keys backlight sorry but VDJ don't support for the moment the MIDI OUT in XML mapping.

Posted Tue 16 Sep 08 @ 2:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)