Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: What did it happen with custom shortcuts files??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mso2000Home userMember since 2003
Why did you remove the possibility to save different keyboard shortcuts like in AtomixMP3? I like to use my custom settings and my brother uses his ones. Now we have to share the same configuration (or spent a lot of time changing the configuration in each session). Why????

Posted Tue 22 Jul 03 @ 11:47 pm
What about renaming the shortcuts.xml file in VDJ directory to shortcuts.xml.brothers or something (take a copy first for your brother of course)..

You could always of course make a batch or script file that handles this.

Posted Wed 23 Jul 03 @ 9:34 am
And i think it's improvement to move the settings from registry to xml files. When every program use registry it can be very annoying if you want to move programs to other installations, and they stop working.

Posted Wed 23 Jul 03 @ 9:40 am
mso2000Home userMember since 2003
I agree with renaming shortcuts.xml, but it's ridiculous and I don't know if it works during an active session, that is, it's necessary restart VirtualDJ to change shortcuts after replace shortcuts.xml. In AtomixMP3, the shortcuts were saved in separeted files (I forgot what extension), so, why not improve custom xml files like "MySettings.xml", "BrotherSettings.xml", etc and load them in Configuration Dialog (Like in AtomixMP3)?

Posted Wed 23 Jul 03 @ 3:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)