Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to get a right scratch??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

KarlozzPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Hello folks, i`m glad to have this space for us. i have some points that you guys maybe will help me, first, let me introduce me, i`m carlos, from cancun, mexico; my problem is, when i`m scratching, sometimes the vdj suddenly stopped, and then, is shutdown, i thought it`s because the hard disk space, i got a 40gb space, 248mb ram, windows xp professional, intel 1100 mhz processor. Actually - I never have any kind of problems when i`m mixing, even scratching, but sometimes, the vdj window get freeze and is closed, and my perfect mixin`has screwd up--- when that happend, i really wanna drop my pc out of the window, -- but can you explain me why does it happen????
And just another question, for professional djs who use vdj, what`s the best way to mix hiphop music besides scratching, you know, that kind of music it´s mixed in another way than the regular songs (i mean house, techno, dance, or that kind of music). I like hiphop, and sometimes i freaked out becuse i can`t find the way to put the next song, because i just don`t know how to do it and at the same time, doesn`t hear weird, it does the tempo something to do in this or the BPMs, what`s your advice for the hiphop, or maybe, give me some tips to mix hiphop tracks :)
Thanks for help-- bye-- and greetins from cancun
P.S. I NEED your help or advices as soon as possible :)

Posted Tue 18 Jan 05 @ 7:32 am
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you may need a bit more ram if your scratching. 248mb might not be enough

PJay

Posted Tue 18 Jan 05 @ 8:49 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
- Didn't you install a lot of softs after the period you were able to sratch with VDJ ?
- May be spyware ?

=> First clean your PC
=> Then if it doesn't work try to add some more RAM (512Mo is a min.)

Clax

Posted Tue 18 Jan 05 @ 10:30 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
increase maybe the virtual memory of WinXP....

Posted Tue 18 Jan 05 @ 1:03 pm
KarlozzPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Alright, i will think about increase virtual memory, but, can you guys give me some advices about how to make a good hiphop mix, i mean, how to mix tracks. If you read again my message on the top, you`ll realize that i made another question, can anybody give me some tips to make a perfect hiphop mix.

Thanks.... ;)

Posted Tue 18 Jan 05 @ 7:50 pm
Without question your system does not have enough RAM. I would say you need at least 512MB and probably even 1GB - esepecially if you are scratching. I have 2 laptops with Vitrual DJ installed. My 1.1Ghz laptop with 512Mhz is not even usable for heavy mixing in my opinion. That system is too slow and stutters during my mix, which makes it impossible for me to get a good mix. Not only that but it takes FOREVER to load a song. My other system makes beautiful mixes. I can match beats, scratch and do all kinds of effects and it never loses a beat. My other system is a 2.4Ghz with 684Mb of RAM. All the difference in the world.

Posted Tue 18 Jan 05 @ 7:54 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Tue 18 Jan 05 @ 8:50 pm
Karlozz:You have to correct you cbgs(tiny little squares on top)make sure to place them correctly 1st beat to 1st larger square. Also make sure your songs have the correct bpm..
You should be able to mix a perfect set in no time,Hip hop or any style.
Andre

Posted Tue 18 Jan 05 @ 8:51 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You can possibly try a step looping technique. Just go down on size of the loops progressively. 8,4,2,1 then 1/2. It sounds better when you have a sample which you can play.. eg a countdown in the final 4 beat before a track kicks in.

Posted Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 6:41 am
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@l_rids
I sometimes use that technique lol. sounds good

Posted Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 5:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)