Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sound distortion example here:

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Here is a downloadable segment of me just messing around with the treble, bass, mids and crossfader of a track:

http://micron.thehhp.net/mixes/helponvirtualdj.mp3

You hear those sound distortions? It completely ruins anything that this program can do for me. I can't make demo mixes, can't do internet broadcasts, nothing... Any suggestions? Is there something I can tweak that will fix this?

Sorry for making a new thread but I couldn't post this audio sample in my original thread since "I need to wait for someone to reply" - ugh...

Posted Fri 22 Aug 08 @ 12:06 am
Oh, I guess this info could be useful:

I'm using a Sound Blaster Audio Extreme sound card.

Creative driver version is 6.0.1.1304 from 2/22/2008, signed by Microsoft. I'm running Vista.

Posted Fri 22 Aug 08 @ 12:14 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I haven't listened to it and am not in a position to at the moment, but what are you actually doing? Have you at any point increased the gain or any EQ level above 0 on the internal mixer?

What settings are you using in the performance tab?

Are you using the internal mixer, or an external mixer?

Regards,

Scott

Posted Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 8:29 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
It sounds like you have your gains (and bass) set up to high, try lowering them.

Also the gaps where the audio drops maybe because of latency issues, In Performance tab, set the Preset slider all the way fastest and set Latency to Auto.

Posted Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 8:39 am
I have installed the new version DEMO 5.2 and I also got those distortion. I am planning to buy VDJ but untill I am happy with the DEMO with no problems, I am putting on hold. I am afraid that once I buy it, I will still get problems.

This is how it happened to me in 2 incidents already.
I have VDJ in AUTOMIX, had loaded songs to playlist and it plays the song after the other. But when the RIGHT TIME COMES ( don't exactly know when, its like intermitent) the songs that is playing will get distorsion. I the quick way for me to fix it was just load an MP3 on the other DECK and the distorion went away. The song that was distorted, I left it alone playing and loaded a song on the other deck and distortion went away on the same playing song. So to the ppl, it sounded like I had a bad song or part of the song was bad......

Looking for a solution before I sink down $300.00. So far, I see ppl have the same problem with no solution..... And it discourage me about reading that VDJ is giving NO HELP for some....

Posted Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 8:11 pm
I haven't listened to it and am not in a position to at the moment, but what are you actually doing? Have you at any point increased the gain or any EQ level above 0 on the internal mixer?

What settings are you using in the performance tab?

Are you using the internal mixer, or an external mixer?

Regards,

Scott

These pops happen no matter the gain volume.

This sample was to just demonstrate the sound pops that I get when I mix *anything*. I can't find the trigger that causes this.

I can load up the program and start mixing without changing any volume levels and I will get the pops. The pops do show up if I mess with the EQ knobs as well. Pretty much anything. And they definitely show up in recordings.

Oh - and this is all VDJ software. I have nothing external connected.

Posted Sat 06 Sep 08 @ 11:57 am
It sounds like you have your gains (and bass) set up to high, try lowering them.

Also the gaps where the audio drops maybe because of latency issues, In Performance tab, set the Preset slider all the way fastest and set Latency to Auto.

Here is another sample with the gains lowered to half from before. Note: I did *NOT* get the distortions until I started the second track to mix - and yes, the distortions do show up in recordings.

http://micron.thehhp.net/mixes/newhelpfile.mp3

Maybe VirtualDJ hates Deadmau5? :p

Posted Sat 06 Sep 08 @ 12:09 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Untick the safe mode and how much ram u have in ur Vista system.?

Posted Sat 06 Sep 08 @ 3:27 pm
Untick the safe mode and how much ram u have in ur Vista system.?

I have 2 gigs of RAM in my system man. DDR2 533.

Posted Wed 17 Sep 08 @ 4:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)