Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: SHOUTcast - the listeners can't see the name of the song

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hello everyone

a bug whan im broadcasting with SHOUTcast - the listeners can't see the name of the song - please fix it in the next version

thanks - Chaos

Posted Mon 17 Jan 05 @ 2:11 pm
KayleHome userMember since 2003
How can you broadcast with the trial version ?

Posted Mon 17 Jan 05 @ 3:13 pm

hey

Im sorry to tell you that im using a cracked version (sorry) - i dont want to offend anyone here
i just wanted to report that there is a bug in the SHOUTcast broadcasting system and Virtual DJ

Chaos

Posted Mon 17 Jan 05 @ 5:39 pm
KayleHome userMember since 2003
There is a bug in your cracked version, that's different.

Posted Mon 17 Jan 05 @ 6:18 pm
lol what a lamer to come on the forums and admit to using a cracked version

Posted Tue 18 Jan 05 @ 1:01 am
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
it always baffles me why people use cracked versions with bugs, when you can buy the full version for so cheap

Posted Tue 18 Jan 05 @ 8:53 am
woodsyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi there,
Chaos 2005 may be a bootleg version user but it's still is a valid fault in VDJ that needs addressing.
It's a big problem when streaming to live365, my broadcast is not listed in their seach engine because no info is passed to the Shoutcast DSP, Winamp does pass on the tags but you can't mix with that.
This problem should be fixed ASAP, PRS & PPL in the U.K. require this info and so do my listeners.

A string could be included at the end of the ID3 tag like "Aritst - Title - Powered by VDJ", then your bootleg users will become advertising platforms, maybe even somehow show they're using a bootleg copy to name and shame.

Kindest regards.
Paul Woods.

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 1:36 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
This is a new functionnality from VDJ version 2.1 onwards. New functions like this can't be given to users of DJ mix station. But don't worry, it works great with the professional edition.

If you want proof of that, tune-in to http://radio.virtualdj.com and use winamp, you will see the titles ;)

Posted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 12:22 pm
The fault is with the Hurcules Console + VDJ combo, Mixstation 3 is VDJ v2.2, And why can't all users have this? whats so special about people seeing the Title & Artist?
PRS & PPL, the governing bodies would say this information is essential for propper artist payments.

Posted Sat 16 Jul 05 @ 11:24 am
So I went and bought Mixstation 3 and never needed to. the version that came with the Hurcules Console worked fine. I wanted to support VDJ by buying the pro version, however, this site wanted to know credit card details when I wanted to use Paypal.

I've now found Mixstation 3 is 20.20 but to quote the packaging, "DJ Mixstation 3 offers all DJ features a professional DJ needs" clearly it doesn't cos I need this.

Posted Sat 16 Jul 05 @ 12:01 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
A pice of advice woodsy: Never relay on advertisement! NEVER! It's always best to know all the features and abilities of the product (and version) for which you pay, regardless of the shiny promises on the cover (package).

First you should check this: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

If not certain, view the FAQ http://www.virtualdj.com/support/faq.html

And if still not certain ask on the forum. It's true that this feature is not listed under comparison (personally I think it should be), but it's probably too minor difference. By the way, 'pro version' can be purchased by sending a bank check (at least a year ago it was possible :)

Remember that with cheaper versions there are always limitations, and if 99€ is too expensive for you, guess you'll have to start saving up :)

Posted Sat 16 Jul 05 @ 4:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)