Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: how to use vst's with Virtual dj ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Sorry i'm new here,

From what i'm reading it is possible to use any or at least vst/AU/RTAS with Virtual dj.
How do you do it ? I Imagine you can simply install vst plugins in standalone version if you're mixing straight out of the native computer sound card.
But is there a window to upload them inside vdj like deckadance ?

Thanks for your help folks :)

Posted Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 10:00 am
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
You simply need to copy your VST effects .dll into
C:/Documents and Settings/YOUR NAME/Documents/VirtualDJ/Plugins/SoundEffect

After that, you can handle these effects by mouse or better by MIDI devices

You can enable many effects at the same time on deck1 or deck2

VDJ's page says:
- Beat-aware effect plugins (included: beatgrid, flippin, vocal remover, filter, flanger, backspin, brake, etc...)
- VST effects compatibility

Posted Wed 13 Aug 08 @ 9:08 am
I copied the .dll file to my sound effect folder no luck get the effects to work

Posted Tue 30 Apr 13 @ 8:32 pm
Not all VSTs work with VDJ. There are at least five versions of the VST spec, and I don't know how up-to-date VDJ is in that respect.

It could be that the VST you're trying to use is a newer VST spec than what VDJ can handle.

Some just plain don't see eye to eye with VDJ though.

Posted Wed 01 May 13 @ 9:47 am
What about AU files? I'm trying to find a good Mac alternative to the Kjaerhus Classic Compressor, which i was using quite a bit in windows

Posted Tue 07 May 13 @ 3:01 pm
hello , i have a keyboard midi with pads ,piano keys and EQ,s is it possible to connect its with VDJ ?

Posted Tue 22 Dec 20 @ 1:12 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014

Posted Tue 22 Dec 20 @ 1:56 pm
user12133704 wrote :
hello , i have a keyboard midi with pads ,piano keys and EQ,s is it possible to connect its with VDJ ?

its possible . I had done that years ago.. on a oxyegen 49 and other keyboards . I have even run light show on light jockey in 2000 off a piano. Most everything can be jacked. from a bluetooth wireless key pad to wii controler .

Posted Tue 22 Dec 20 @ 6:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)