Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: using headphones / speakers for virtual dj - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

drainbHome userMember since 2008
finally, its working!! .. thanks for the help.. much appreciated your time and effort

thanks man!

Posted Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 3:35 pm
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
you are welcome!!

Posted Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 3:51 pm
OK SISSCHO IF YOU CUD PLEASE HELP ME I WUS READING HOW YOU HEPLED THE OTHER PERSON N SEEMED VERY HELPFUL..I EVEN TRIED 2 FOLLOW THEM STEPS BUT IT DIDNT WORK 2 WELL.

I THINK MAYBE CUZ IM NOT ON VISTA IM RUNNIN XP...BUT MY PROBLEM IS THE SAME SO IF YOU COULD PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

MUCH APRECIATED!!!!

Posted Fri 30 Jan 09 @ 11:31 am
you are welcome!!

PLEASE HELP ME..LOOK AT MSG ABOVE!!!

Posted Fri 30 Jan 09 @ 11:32 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
please disable your caps

Posted Fri 30 Jan 09 @ 2:14 pm
lobzstaHome userMember since 2009

Posted Sun 22 Nov 09 @ 2:35 pm
lobzsta it might be the interface u have selected wen operating VDJ try and change it and up the top there should be 2 volume controls
one that is master and one that has an image of a headphone

Posted Fri 11 Dec 09 @ 2:32 am

Hi i have a sony vaio laptop and i am trying to work out how to listen to the tracks on virtual dj using my headphones. on my computer i have only two inputs one for the headphones and one for the mic. I use the heaphones output when i connect to a external mixer when i dj.

anyone can help me

Thanks

Liv

Posted Wed 05 Jan 11 @ 11:21 am
ltsmashHome userMember since 2011
Sorry for bringing up an old thread, and also apologies if this is a noob/stupid question.

I've been through two different Y splitters in an effort to get this working on my laptop. The first one just duplicated the sound, ie. it didnt seperate left and right channels. And with the second one, my headphones and speakers wont fit into the female side of the jack.

If someone could link me to an ebay example of a proper y splitter needed, I would be most appreciative.

Posted Thu 17 Mar 11 @ 7:42 am
i just downloaded virtual dj-limited edition on my laptop, and trying to play the sound through my dj speakers.
do i need to config anything on my laptop for that to work?

Posted Mon 28 Mar 11 @ 9:10 pm
i have some what the same dilema, i am using a spliter to try and do this, i can hear the music in my head phones and i can isolate left and right channels buti cant get it to where i can samle a song in my headset before i put it out for people to hear. Im on a mac os, so is there any way you can break it down for me

Posted Wed 13 Apr 11 @ 9:20 pm
Home FREE is limited software and only supports the following configurations for pre-listening to music using headphones:

(1) If you are using a desktop computer with a 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 surround sound card built-in, you can use the front and rear outputs of this for master and headphones. Plug stereo amplified speakers into the front output socket and a pair of headphones into the rear output socket.

(2) If you are using a laptop, you can add a basic stereo USB sound card for the headphone output. Your computer's built-in sound card will be used for the master output and the USB card for your headphones (Plug your headphones into the USB card.)

(3) You can use the sound card built into your laptop and the mono separated option, however this will only give you MONO sound and is not ideal or recommended for live performance. You will need a splitter cable to split the left/right channels - Please search Google for: 3.5 jack splitter to mono - Plug your headphones into one of side of the splitter (You will need an appropriate adaptor for this) and plug the other into your amp, speakers or mixer.

To choose which deck to pre-listen to, press the TAB key or click PFL button on the skin. Use the crossfader and/or volume sliders to control which deck is output live over the master outputs.

For more advanced sound configuration such as using two sound cards or multi-channel external DJ sound cards, you will need to purchase a VirtualDJ product such as VirtualDJ Basic or the full Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

Advanced sound configuration and other Pro features such as MIDI controllers can be tried out for 10 minutes at a time, after which the software will revert back to free limited.

NOTE: VirtualDJ Home FREE is for non-commercial home use only using your mouse and keyboard to mix. It cannot be used at DJ gigs where you are being paid.

For live performance, VirtualDJ Basic or the full Professional with a dedicated multi-channel sound card designed for DJ use is strongly recommended, such as Numark DJIO, Native Instruments Audio 2 DJ, etc.

NOTE: If you have a Mac, you should post in the Mac technical support forums: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/61/MAC_Version_Technical_Support.html - Posting in PC Technical Support may result in you getting answers that are not appropriate for MacOS.

Posted Thu 14 Apr 11 @ 3:55 am
please,
i have a via hd soundcard so i cant use the realtek driver and i have the same problem you had, i think i need a driver but i don't know which or where to find.
PLEASE HELP ME

Posted Sun 01 May 11 @ 9:29 am
If it is a sound card built into a laptop then it will have only ONE stereo output and cannot be used for headphone pre-listening unless you use the MONO separated option with a splitter (Not recommended for live performance.)

You will need to use one of the options above for headphone pre-listening. Adding a simple USB stereo sound card is the best option for Home FREE.

Posted Mon 02 May 11 @ 6:48 pm
i am trying to figure out how to play one track through my speakers and one track through my headphones. i have an amplified speaker plugged into the back of my mixtrack pro (output 1) with an RCA to 5" cable and i have my headphones plugged into the socket on the front of the controller. when i have track A cued, the cue mix all the way to the left and the crossfader all the way to the left i can only hear the song cued (which is what should be happening) but then when i move the crossfader nothing happens, i still only hear the cued track. i cant figure out how to have one track throughthe speakers and one through the headphones. the only soundcard im using is the one built into my mixtrack pro. do i need a second soundcard to split the tracks? my confiduration is inputs: none, outputs: headphones, and soundcard: Numark

Posted Tue 03 May 11 @ 8:46 pm
The position of the crossfader and volume sliders will only affect the song that is playing out live through the master output to your speakers.

Use the PFL button to select which deck to listen to with the headphones and use the CUE MIX knob to choose how much of the pre-listened deck vs the master output can be heard in the headphones.

The crossfader should be moved to the deck that is playing out live so that your pre-listening does not come out live over the master ouput. E.g: If you are pre-listening to deck A and B is playing live, then the crossfader should be all the way over to the right.

Your sound settings (CONFIG -> Sound Setup) should be configured as follows:

Inputs: None
Outputs: Headphones
Sound card: Numark

NOTE: You can only select one deck for PFL at a time.

Posted Wed 04 May 11 @ 8:04 am
Do you have to have a soundcard to do this and do you have to have buy VDJ to do this also

Posted Fri 17 Jun 11 @ 2:48 pm
Yes, you will need another sound card or a multi-channel card to be able to headphone pre-listen (Or you can use the mono split option - See below.)

If you have a MIDI controller with its own built-in sound card and VirtualDJ LE (E.g: Hercules MK4/RMX/4-Mx/4Set) then you do not need to purchase anything else.

Home FREE is limited software and only supports the following sound configurations:

* Single output using the built-in sound card in your computer (No headphone pre-listening.)

* Master + headphones using a built-in 5.1 surround sound card (Front speaker output for master, rear speaker output for headphones.)

* Master + headphones using the built-in sound card in the computer for master and a basic stereo USB sound card for headphones.

* Master + headphones through the built-in sound card in your computer using the mono split option (NOTE: This will only give you MONO sound.)

For more flexible and advanced sound configuration, such as separate deck outputs to an external audio DJ mixer or multi-channel DJ sound cards (E.g: Numark DJIO), you will need to purchase either VirtualDJ Basic or VirtualDJ Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

NOTE: Home FREE is for non-commercial use at home only using your mouse and keyboard to mix. It cannot be used at DJ gigs where you are being paid.

Posted Sat 18 Jun 11 @ 2:26 pm
Hallo! I'm sorry for bringing this thread up again. Im desperetly trying to get it working with my headphones and speakers at the same time. Currently I'm getting both decks in either Headphones or Speakers, depending on settings. I can't make them play one song in the speakers while I hear the other in my headphone at the same time.

I Have a realtek soundcard that supports 7.1 + 2. So that is not the problem. I also turned on the advanced settings to allow front- and back panel to play up sounds simultaneously. So that's not either the problem.

I made sure that it was working. I could hear different sounds at the same time. I tried with spotify + something else and I got one sound from the speakers and another sound in my headphones. So nothings wrong with my sound card and settings I think.

I have my headphone plugged in, in the front panel and the speakers on the back panel.

I have also made the configuration in virtual dj to:
Inputs: None
Outputs: Headphones (tried all 3 options)
Sound card: 4.1 card (using the primary sound driver, but i've tried them all)

Basically I feel like I've tried every option available in Virtual DJ. I also tried with different speakers and different outputs on my computer. I just don't get it to work properly.

With one setting I got the speakers to play 1 song, while my headphones played both the songs at the same time.

With another setting I got my speakers to play one deck all the time and my headphones the other all the time. But that doesn't really work when mixing.

I also got my headphones to only play one of the songs, but the other song on the other deck didn't come out at all in either speakers or at the same time in my headphone.

Thanks in advance! I would apreciate any help or tips.
//Marcus

Posted Sun 07 Aug 11 @ 11:47 am
tomcisHome userMember since 2011
Hi i have activated my front soundcard inputs,but it playing same as in my speakers...if i put in other jack like in blue it playing another chanels,but in very low volume....

Posted Mon 13 Feb 12 @ 12:51 pm
95%