Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Tcv`s + tccd´s + a mixer + vdj = ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HannepPRO InfinityMember since 2004
is this possible coz i resently got a job on a dj store and my payment is dj stuff so i have think´d alot and got through that tcvs and tccds a mixer and vdj would be a exelent combination.
but there is just som questions maybe some problems.
The mixer i´m loockin at has 3 phono and 4 line ins it is a 4 ch mixer (adj q+fx19).
But could i plug the tcvs into the phono inputs instead of the line ins.
and do i need more than one soundcard (maya 44 in this case) or could i plug it all togheter in one maya 44.
And of course could i play normal vinyls and cds with vdj or does vdj not have a clue and just send the music to the mixer.
More spesific if i play a normal cd/vinyl does vdj knows the values of the song like bpms, gain, and ofcourse the wawes or does vdj just send the signals to the mixer without affecting the song or anything.

If this could not be done which type should you use tcvs or tccds

Thanks for ur help in advance And i do not whant any "i think answers" :)

Posted Thu 13 Jan 05 @ 10:41 pm

Posted Fri 14 Jan 05 @ 3:24 pm
Thx but which timecoded unit setup should i buy first tcvs or tccds
i am a club/house dj but i reallay wanna learn scratchin but a cd player is better if u dont use vdj (crach).

Posted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 1:08 pm
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
the timecoded cds can be made using the downloadable mp3 on the timecode page i believe
PJay
ive used both but if you wanna get into scratching then i recomed the vinyl

Posted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 6:06 pm
I thinked alot and got through to that a dual cd player and my mp3 player would be the ultimate.
The cd is plugen in to the computer as it should and it comes out from ch 1 and 2.
on ch 3 i have the mp3 player with a premade mix in backup so i can restart the computer while the mix on the mp3 is on.
i´ll buy the tcvs later on coz mixin hiphop and hiphop and hiphop is not my thing maybe club hiphop club (u get it) otherwise i just listen to hiphop while i skate.

Posted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 11:45 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Just curious, but what advantages do you think CD decks have over XP10's or vinyl when used with VDJ?

I realize I'm simplifying things, but I was in the same position as you and I came to this realization:

TCV: Best scratching option, plus you can mouse and keyboard shortcut your way to the remix functions
XP10: Can still scratch in your drops well enough, plus you get lots of convenient buttons to get you away from all the mouse/keyboard work and nice quality soundcards to boot.
CD decks: Redundancy in case your computer blows up at a gig.

I'm not trying to badmouth CD decks at all, but when used in conjunction with VDJ they seem like a waste. All the time stretch, looping, and other "remix" type functions that the new CD decks have to offer is already in VDJ. Why pay for it again?

Posted Sun 16 Jan 05 @ 7:37 am
i think cd-decks with virtual dj are only good if youve already got a pair prior to buying vdj. and even then id rather sell them and buy turntables or xp10s
PJay

Posted Sun 16 Jan 05 @ 12:26 pm
I know that all the funktions on a dual cd is featured in vdj but if vdj craches or something like that a cd player is always there for you and its almost the same as vdj.
but i think that a pair of vestax pdx 2300/2000 are better whit a cpu than a dual cd.
xp10s would be the easiest solution but i cant use it without vdj :(.
i´ll think i vuy a pair of turns and a simple mixer to start with.
vdj does the big part of the work so i guess a mixer like numark dxm 03 is good enough.

But i also wanna learn mixin with the "real" stuff coz i started up with dj mix station 1 so i never played a gig with cd/vinyl.
Its so f*cking hard to make the decition (spelling i know) coz i whant both cd vinyl and the xp10´z but i cant afford to all that this year i think.

A cd player could i bring everywear and it wont fail on me
turns could i have at home makin mixtapes.
and the xp10´s couid do all of this and much more.

Posted Sun 16 Jan 05 @ 10:27 pm
if vdj every crashes then you could have a cheap mp3 player connected up with a pre made mix on there just incase

Posted Mon 17 Jan 05 @ 11:17 am
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
XP10's do not have to be used with VDJ. You are confusing the EKS' retail XP10 with the VDJ Pro unit sold here.

Posted Mon 17 Jan 05 @ 4:47 pm
djebouPRO InfinityMember since 2005
can i use TCCD with pro scratch 2 because they can't play mp3
Meaning can you use TCCD with non mp3 playing cdj players like American DJ Pro Scratch 2?

Posted Fri 27 May 05 @ 1:52 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes, the mp3 file that is downloaded is only mp3 for distribution. You actually burn the mp3 to a CD as a standard audio track. Use Windows Media Player, put the TC MP3 file in as the only track, then burn to CD as audio track -- Presto Change-O -- a TCCD.

cstoll

Posted Fri 27 May 05 @ 2:32 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)