Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SBDJ's New Slideshow has bug when trying to deactivate video

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Scott,
I have posted this problem in several other places but finally traced it back to the use of your new slideshow, which, works great, but with one minor glitch. I apologize for my previous double posts but have finally nailed down the glitch to the SBDJ slideshow plug-in.

Here's my story:
I use a karaoke program along with VDJ. VDJ for videos and audio w/slideshow in between singers for about 1/2 hour at a time. One thing I understand is that I have to make sure I deactivate the secondary monitor video as that frees it up for the Karaoke program. The karaoke program will crash if VDJ still has priority over the display. If I don't free it up (Deactivate video), the karaoke program crashes. I think this is because VDJ takes priority over the secondary display, until deactivated. The glitch comes in when I use your new slideshow for about ten minutes or so, then I deactivate the video, then attempt to "Play" a Karaoke song from the karaoke program; The program crashes there, just as if I had never deactivated the video. Somehow, the slideshow causes something to linger on in the video and makes the karaoke program think it does not have priority. It acts the same way it would as if I had not deacivated the video at all.
I can duplicate this on ver. 4.3 and with ver5.1, and neither version will crash when using the original VDJ slideshow. With the original slideshow, I simply deactivate the video from the skin, or uncheck it in the config video screen, or ctrl-V, and it always allows the karaoke program to run properly, however, with running the NEW slideshow for ten minutes, the Karaoke program will crash after a deactivated video and a "play" from the other program.

Please get back to me if I am not making myself clear. I hope you can take a look at what might be going on with this conflict, and advise. Again, it has to do with NOT being able to fully DEACTIVATE the video and free up priority to the secondary monitor.
Bryant

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 11:28 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Hmmmm, strange. What version of the plugin are you running? I'll do some testing with the latest version I have here - what is the karaoke program you are using? (I'll probably need it to be able to replicate the bug!)

Posted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 5:57 am
The newest version of your plugin and I got all the directX and other stuff that was required in the beginning as well.

MTU's Hoster, version 3.316. Very reliable program. Very pwerful and useful for karaoke. Both work well together, as long as VDJ can release the secondary video upon a "Deactivate" command. When I first started out using both programs (VDJ and Hoster) several years ago, I was getting crashes all the time until I realized that VDJ takes priority over the secondary monitor, and every time that I would forget to deactivate video, I would get a crash.
Finally have to remember to deactivate every time before playing a karaoke song; gotten pretty good at that now. Hope you can do something with your program to bring it back to where it was (completely deactivate video and no crash following deactivate). I wonder if DJCel or Skyfxl or one of those guys may know what's in the original slideshow that can be compared to what you have? Maybe they can comment. Just thinking out loud. Thanx a lot, Scott.
Bryant

Posted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 11:12 am
None of them have the source to the original slideshow, I've already asked. Otherwise I would have just modified that one ;)

I'll get on it tho :)

Posted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 6:16 pm
Thanx a lot Scott, I'll be patient from here on in.
Bryant

Posted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 6:24 pm
How you been Scott. Any luck or idea on when you might take a look at this again. :)

Posted Wed 20 Aug 08 @ 7:39 am
I completely forgot about this, I'll get on it next week for you for sure :)

Posted Wed 20 Aug 08 @ 4:49 pm
How ya makin' out? Any luck yet?? :)

Posted Fri 29 Aug 08 @ 12:21 am
Scott, Did you forget about me again, bummer. I understand yo're busy however.
:)
Bryant

Posted Sun 12 Oct 08 @ 4:17 pm
Sorry fella, I haven't had a chance to look into this yet. Definately on my to-do list though!

Posted Sun 12 Oct 08 @ 7:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)