Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: console problems after firmware update.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When i got my DJ console yesterday i installed it on to my laptop with the drivers on the supplied CD. It worked.
i then installed it onto my PC(desktop) but using the latest drivers from the hercules website. as i installed these it installed the new firmware onto the console. The console still worked.
I then uninstalled the old drivers off the laptop and installed the new ones, at the point during the installation when it asks to plug in the usb cable nothing happens and i end up having to quit by using ctrl alt del. When opening the console setupbox it says console not detected. Ive tried installing and uninstalling the drivers in various ways but still the console will not work on my laptop. It still works on my other PC however. The only thing different(in software terms) between the 2 is the laptop had XP SP2 on it. so i uninstalled this but nothing different. i then decided to just go for broke and format the laptops HDD and start from scratch. i installed the new driver first this time but still it wont work.

So basically since i installed the new firmware the console isnt detected at all on my laptop but works fine on my other PC. So is there any way of installing the old firmware again and/or any links to any or is there any other solutions anyone can see?

Posted Wed 12 Jan 05 @ 4:42 pm
very odd. just got in from work after buying a powered usb hub to see if it was a usb power thing. I decided to try the console first without the hub first (just in case), and shockingly the console worked. Very odd, cant understand why as all thats happend is my laptop has been switched off for around 16 hours.

Posted Wed 12 Jan 05 @ 7:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)